• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prayers Please for Pebbles

TillyTommy

My little girl was rushed into theatre this morning and remains there now. They think its a twisted bowel and she is so poorly. She is only 5 and Im heart broken. Prayers for Pebbles please xxx:(

I'm sorry to hear this. Please let us know when she's out of theatre.I wish there was more we could say or do to help but she's in the best hands and they'll do all they can for her.
Sins

Thanks so much. She went in theatre at 9 am and is still there:( She became ill so quickly its all still a bit of a shock!

Loads of prayers for Pebbles and hugs for you please keep us informed
---Aileen and the gang(Barney----Jazzie----Jake)

My thoughts are with you and Pebbles. This is a condition that comes on very quickly and is extremely urgent so you were very fast thinking to get her in where she is in the best hands possible.

Please let us know how she does. :flwr:

UPDATE - Pebbles was in theatre until 1 pm, she did not have a twisted bowel but have swolled a pair of underwear!!! Pebbles has NEVER been a dog to nibble on anything she shouldnt so this is a complete mystery!! However she remains critical as they were twisted around everything apparently. Part were in the bowel but part had started to wrap itself around organs, I was just so shocked I couldnt take it all in or remember everything she has told me. Pebbles has to stay in for at least 2 days and they said this period is critical. Wish I had thought to ask more questions.

Thanks for the update -- can imagine this is all such a shock --hang in there, and thinking healing thoughts for Pebbles.

Thanks so much! From what I can make out they had to cut into stomach, bowel and intestine. Poor girl must have been in agony and it remains a mystery how she got a pair unless they feel off the washing line:(

Poor Pebbles and poor you.
How could anyone anticipate something like this ? It is not what you would expect from a mature 5 year old that has never stolen underwear before.

I'm keeping everything crossed for her.

Keeping everthing crossed for good news loads of hugs to you :hug:
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

All the matters is that she's doing ok after her surgery. So far so good.
The can be terrible little scavengers:(. Just try to keep yourself occupied and not dwell too much on how it happened.
It's not the first time a cavalier has eaten something to land itself in surgery...
Just stay positive and the vets will do their very best to get her through this and have her back to you.Hang on in there.
Sins

So sorry you are going through this, my thoughts will be with you and Pebbles.

It's a good reminder to all of us to be careful with underwear, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. They all seem to love running off with undies.

Vet has just phoned to say she is resting well and looking very sorry for herself. They will phone me again in the morning with an update. She remains on a drip and i guess will be pretty sleepy until the morning. Its so out of character! And like you say Pauline, lets all keep a closer eye cause if my Pebbles can run off and swallow an entire pair anyones can - lol:confused:

Back