PDA

View Full Version : Honey is very poorly

susie1983
30th September 2009, 01:08 PM
Honey has just been rushed to hospital she has been being sick since Monday night not keeping water down or anything. She saw vet yesterday who couldn't feel anything of obstruction or possible reason why. After anti sickness jab she continued vomiting and bringing up bile. Shes dazed and dehydrated in a pretty bad way. I really fear the worst any prayers or vibes appreciated. Shes only 5.5

Aileen
30th September 2009, 01:14 PM
Loads of thoughts and prayers coming Honeys way and hugs:hug:coming your way please keep us informed
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

Karlin
30th September 2009, 01:26 PM
Oh dear, lots of positive thoughts for her. :flwr:

Margaret C
30th September 2009, 01:31 PM
Thinking of you and Honey

Daisy's Mom
30th September 2009, 01:56 PM
I"m so sorry that you are going through this. I will be thinking about your little Honey today and sending prayers for her.

Princess
30th September 2009, 02:11 PM
Sending love to you and Honey, please do keep us updated x

susie1983
30th September 2009, 02:11 PM
Shes been admitted and put on iv fluids. They have taken bloods will check them then move onto x rays if no change. i've also suggested they look at her heart as she has MVD and recently suffered a trauma (3 weeks ago) during a dog attack where she stopped breathing and lost conciousness. I'm just hoping fluids will be enough to turn her around. i'll keep informed.

Love my Cavaliers
30th September 2009, 02:29 PM
Poor Honey. She's been through so much recently. Fingers crossed for good news.

pippa
30th September 2009, 03:39 PM
Really hope Honey will be on the mend very soon.

Justine
30th September 2009, 04:59 PM
So sorry,i hope she gets better soon.xxxx

Cathy T
30th September 2009, 05:01 PM
Hoping Honey is okay. Thinking about you!

vikki
30th September 2009, 06:06 PM
best wishes for your little pup it is so difficult to feel so helpless. hugs to you

ourempire
30th September 2009, 06:56 PM
Warm thoughts and wishes for Honey. :flwr:

tupup
30th September 2009, 08:29 PM
Our thoughts & best wishes are with you,hope Honey is better soon:hug:

HollyDolly
30th September 2009, 08:31 PM
Thinking of you and Honey.

Nanette

heather r
30th September 2009, 08:32 PM
Healing thoughts from my household are directed to Honey!

Heather R

harrysmum
30th September 2009, 09:48 PM
Thinking of you & Honey, I hope she gets thro this & soon gets her bounce back:lotsaluv:

susie1983
1st October 2009, 08:55 AM
Latest update: Honey is still on IV but comfortable. Her bloods and smear came back fine except for signs of aneamia. They are going to do echo this morning on heart and ultrasound on belly followed by xray if nothing untoward can be found. Vets still have no idea what is wrong, ideas being flown around are stroke (vision and balance seems way off) , pancreas issues and obstruction. She hasn't vomited since yesterday but this could be due to the fact she is restricted in kennel as she always seemed to be vomiting when standing (again balance issues could be caused by stroke). I'm hoping to visit her today, i feel so useless. Me and the other pups just want her home.

diddy
1st October 2009, 09:09 AM
Sorry to hear about Honey. Thinking of her, and wishing her well for today. Sending lots of positive thoughts her way for a speedy recovery.

Sabby
1st October 2009, 09:18 AM
Thinking of you and Honey. Hoping for a speedy recovery and lots of:hug:

Mindysmom
1st October 2009, 12:32 PM
Hoping Honey is okay.

Claire L
1st October 2009, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry to read about Honey. I hope they can figure out what is wrong and get her sorted. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Honey and hugs to you :hug:

susie1983
2nd October 2009, 08:23 AM
Well nothing new to report really. Nothing has changed or been found out. She had more bloods yesterday, heart echo and ultrasound on belly. All have come back clear except bloods which show further blood loss. Neurologist has looked her over and says he doesn't think it is related but I think I may push them further on this. They are treating for aneamia and keeping on IV, they are offering water and food which she isn't taking. I visited her last night, poor thing she was just layed out on her side sleeping. She woke briefly for us gave a half hearted wag of the tail, a nuzzle and then nodded off again. Her resps seem slower then before and her heart quite quick. The house is so empty without her. Vet is aware of my wishes and says she will call me to get her home if needed. Its so horrible being in the dark, hopefully extra bloods and faecal sample results will provide further news. Thankyou for all your kind messages of support. Both Honey and I really appreciate them x

pippa
2nd October 2009, 11:24 AM
Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts for Honey.

Charlifarley
2nd October 2009, 12:46 PM
Sory to read this about Honey. Hope they can figure out whats wrong and get her fixed up quickly. Thinking of you both. :lotsaluv:

Rumor
2nd October 2009, 01:23 PM
I hope they find the problem soon! Thinking of you & Honey.

susie1983
2nd October 2009, 01:28 PM
Another update. What a turnaround! We received a phone call this morning saying she seemed a little better and was drinking and had attempted food. they said they could do little here and to try her at home for time being to see if that perks her up. We have just picked her up she was a different girl tugging and jumping up at us. Back home she is still resting but perky. She just ran outside and tried a poop (i should have told vets she will never go on lead) strained for a while so i checked it and lo and behold was an enormous stone from some kind of fruit no idea what. We have no stoned fruit at home so must have come from walk. It must have passed through before xray as i'm sure it would have been seen. Hopefully things should now be resolved, fingers crossed it hasn't caused damage. So pleased she is home!!

Love my Cavaliers
2nd October 2009, 01:54 PM
Oh yay!! I'm glad she is so much better and got rid of that stone on her own.:jump:

pippa
2nd October 2009, 02:11 PM
Glad she passed it....two of mine are like hoovers on legs when on walks, Pippin especially! Did you tell your vet about the stone?

Claire L
2nd October 2009, 02:26 PM
Glad you have her home and she passed the stone. Maybe keep it and show to the vet . Hope thats the end of her problems now :xfngr:

Cathy T
2nd October 2009, 04:01 PM
Wow....what a turnaround!! So glad she passed that stone without any complications. Wonder what she got into? But glad she's home and doing so much better. That's great!!

harrysmum
2nd October 2009, 08:38 PM
So pleased to hear Honey is so much better, poor little love! You must be feeling so glad to have her back on form.:flwr:

heather r
2nd October 2009, 08:52 PM
So glad Honey is feeling better! If she is anything like our 1 year old, I would recommend watching her closely inside and out. Our Abigail will grab anything to chew on or eat.

Heather R

tupup
2nd October 2009, 10:33 PM
Im so glad you have Honey home & are seeing such improvments,poor girl must be so happy to be rid of that stone(oh if only they could talk!) Great news:)

*Pauline*
2nd October 2009, 11:53 PM
Oh my goodness, glad she managed to pass it, poor girl and poor you, that must have been frightening.

diddy
4th October 2009, 10:42 AM
Just catching up. So pleased to hear she's back to her old self and home with you.:D

TillyTommy
4th October 2009, 05:13 PM
So pleased for you both:)