PDA

View Full Version : Jake's back at the vets, again!

Rj Mac
1st October 2009, 05:10 PM
Had to take Jake to the vets last night, after we discovered a new lump on him, this 1 is on his right hip, and is now the 3rd lump that's sprung up on him in the last year, the 1st turned out to be nothing more than a cyst, the 2nd was a benign tumour, which was successfully removed, however this 1 is different, because where as the last 2 have been under his skin so to speak, this is like a raw ulcerated lump, not pretty at all, and has seemingly sprung up from no-where, he was given an injection, and is on Anti-biotics, at the moment, to see if it's only something like an infected bite/scrarch/spot or something, but our vet's concerned, purely because of his history over the last year, so he's also having a biopsy done on it, to check for anything sinister, I asked her straight out if she thought it was a tumour, but she didn't want to commit herself....which i totally understand, but as much as they tell you not to worry too much "at the minute"......it can't be helped, and 101 different things start buzzing around your head!

Prov31
1st October 2009, 05:23 PM
It sounds like you and Jake have both had enough stress this year. Hopefully, one of the "101" things you are thinking is that it is harmless. I'll keep you both in thoughts and prayers.

lady and amber
1st October 2009, 05:59 PM
Will be keeping my :xfngr: for you.

Karlin
1st October 2009, 08:45 PM
Oh no, that's so worrying for you. Lumps seem so common in labs as they get oder so fingers crossed it isn't something to worry about. Let us know as soon as you hear back.

heather r
1st October 2009, 08:48 PM
So sorry for your new worry with Jake. Hope everything leads to good news. I will be thinking good thoughts of Jake :thmbsup:

Heather R

Claire L
1st October 2009, 09:04 PM
Hope it's nothing more than a bite or scratch :hug:

i luv cavs
2nd October 2009, 05:09 PM
fingers crossed jake will be ok:flwr:

Rj Mac
2nd October 2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all your good wishes guys, they'r much appreciated :thmbsup:

pippa
2nd October 2009, 05:23 PM
Hope it turns out to be something minor...positive thoughts being sent your way.

ourempire
2nd October 2009, 06:50 PM
Oh no! Best wishes for Jake :flwr: :hug:

harrysmum
2nd October 2009, 08:27 PM
Hope that the vet will have good results for Jake:lotsaluv: