• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Awww look at this blenheim

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
In the Irish Times pics of the day this weekend; from the annual blessing of the animals mass at St Joseph's Church, Glasthule:

01.jpg

What a lovely dog! :)

oh how cool. I've never heard of such a thing. I doubt if anywhere in the states there is an event like this.

Oh yes, our church does it every year here in Dallas, TX. It is a catholic church, but I have also seen it at protestant churches too.

I think they were doing this this weekend in Atlanta. Sure is a cute little Cavalier!

I think they did it this past weekend here too. Maybe it is always done on a particular weekend....

In Australia if one looks around they will find events like annual blessing of the animals mass, and where some on my Cavalier email list do take their Cavaliers too. Yes I remember Julie where she even mentioning this - "the priest who blessed Mickey and Kurli also had a Cavalier, so he was very happy to give a cuddle and talk."

It's a wonderful picture.The cavalier looks very interested in proceedings, now if I could figure out how to get my children to sit still in church like that:p.....
Yesterday was the feast day of St Francis of Assissi (patron saint of animals), and some Catholic churches would have held the blessing of the animals.
St Francis wrote a Canticle of the Creatures, an ode to God’s living things. “All praise to you, Oh Lord, for all these brother and sister creatures.”

Sins

Yes as Sins notes it is an event that a number of Catholic churches hold in honour of St Francis though some have such events at other times of the year. Also the Church of Ireland churches also do them, as a friend recently took her cavalier to one at the Rathfarnham CoI church. :) She said someone had even brought a hamster!

Our (Catholic) church does it every year, but they (sadly) don't let the animals actually into the sanctuary. They do it in a courtyard. However, we just got a new priest, so maybe things will be different. I want to bring Daisy, but it's never worked out. Plus she's such a corker around other dogs on leash that I'd hate to have her create chaos.

What a well behaved cavalier and a lovely photo! They had a service outside yesterday in Boston and a police black lab tried to give the priest a kissicon_whistling

Heather R

Back