PDA

View Full Version : Vaccuum cleaners

Sunflowerstar
6th October 2009, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone
I am neeeding a new Vaccuum cleaner and would like some reccomdations please. Would like a bagless one I did look at the reviews page and would like to know which one's are good and how long you have had them ect. I have a Kirby but want something that is lighter but just as good.
Thankyou in advance Michelle

Karlin
6th October 2009, 02:42 PM
I absolutely love my cannister Dyson Animal. Have had it three years. There is a smaller lighter version too but smaller means a bit less powerful and with the smaller one, I have to clean the hair from the beater bar all the time (I use the smaller one upstairs).

Others like the Miele.

Sunflowerstar
6th October 2009, 03:17 PM
I have been looking at both Meile and the dysons and know it will be one of those that I do choose. I want real peoples views so thankyou Karlin that helps to know your view and you have lots of furbabies.
If anyone wants to add to thier review good or bad I want to hear it please. It will be the weekend by the time I make a purchase. So if you see any sales that are on please post about those too.

cy1266
6th October 2009, 04:34 PM
We have a Miele and love it. It's not bagless though. We've had it for about 4 years and it's great. I'm not sure which model it is, but it's a canister style with lots of attachments for vacuuming up pet hair. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and it works very well (we have tile floors, no carpet - only 1 rug) :)

lorebringer
6th October 2009, 05:19 PM
I have a Dyson Animal and I wouldn't be without it. They are pricey buggers but they are worth their weight in gold. With so many dogs running around the house it's really hard to keep on top of all the hair around the place but it's works a treat. I recommend it to everyone who asks about them, I'm still shocked sometimes as to how much it gets out of the carpet and it does hard floor too! The hepa filter in it also keeps the dander and dust down (always a plus) and it rolls up small to stick it anywhere. Here's a link to the closest current model to the one I have (except mine is purple, I bought it a few years ago) --> http://www.dyson.ie/store/product.asp?product=DC22-ANIMAL

Mom of Jato
6th October 2009, 07:31 PM
I also have a Dyson Animal- LOVE IT!!!! It has terrific suction, and yes it is amazing all the hair that comes out of the carpet. I have the upright purple one, and it is bagless, and it is lightweight and adjusts from carpet to hardwood. I bought mine at Costco Wholesale...they had the best price in town.

Love my Cavaliers
6th October 2009, 09:34 PM
I hava a miele and while it cleans up the fur really well, I have had trouble with the cord. If you just let it snap back, the cables inside can break. This has happenend to me three times. It's a pain to take it in to get fixed, but it's not too costly. Just the aggravation and inconvenience. But I do love the way it picks up fur from our four cavaliers. We have carpewting in all the bedrooms and area rugs on hardwood floors in the living , dining room and kitchen.

Rae2
7th October 2009, 09:45 AM
I too have the Dyson - I bit the bullet about 8 months ago and paid the $$$$ and every day when I vacuum, I exclaim over how much hair it picks up. I am always running over to any family member who will stop long enough, and showing them what I've picked up in the canister on the front - haha. Even when you think there can't possibly be any more to pick up, the Dyson finds it! In fact, I'm embarrassed to say that I still get a thrill out of firing it up.:rolleyes:

Justine
7th October 2009, 12:22 PM
I tried about 3 diff.types and i have gone back to Dyson,i love them,so easy.

WoodHaven
8th October 2009, 02:23 AM
I too have the Dyson - I bit the bullet about 8 months ago and paid the $$$$ and every day when I vacuum, I exclaim over how much hair it picks up. I am always running over to any family member who will stop long enough, and showing them what I've picked up in the canister on the front - haha. Even when you think there can't possibly be any more to pick up, the Dyson finds it! In fact, I'm embarrassed to say that I still get a thrill out of firing it up.:rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO-- I bought my first dyson almost 6 years ago-- my daughter talked me out of it when she moved out. I bought my second dyson 3 years ago-- my younger daughter talked me out of it when she moved into an apartment. I got my third dyson 1 year ago-- all three are still kicking butt when it comes to cavalier hair. It is a bit embarrasing to see ALL it picks up. Cleanable Hepa filter is nice, no bags - yes, we are hooked.