PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping

LisaluvzCav
8th October 2009, 08:11 PM
Hey guys its me again lol is it unusual for a puppy to sleep the whole night? Clara is 3 and a half months and sleeps the whole night tru. She does sleep in my bed tho. I just taught with a puppy Id be up all night with crying and playing.

Janice
8th October 2009, 08:14 PM
Reuben has slept from 9pm till 9am from the second day we got him at 9 weeks,.. not a sound in the night either!

Karlin
8th October 2009, 08:31 PM
At three and a half months that is normal -- that's what she should be doing by that age. :) Some puppies sleep the night through when very young; but most will need to be taken out in the 'wee hours' (literally! :lol:) for a week or a few weeks.

Jaspar is the only one of mine I've had since a pup and he slept the night through from 8 weeks.

Joye
8th October 2009, 08:53 PM
Ya, I just Penny a week ago and she is 4 months. She slept through right away, first in the crate, now in my bed. Gotta love this breed!

MadPip
8th October 2009, 09:09 PM
Maddie and Pippin both slept through from the second night - Maddie was 3 months and Pippin was 8 weeks when I got them (not at the same time I might add!;)). And this was down in the kitchen, crated. So it isn't too unusual. Make the most of it in case she decides to become a night time barker further down the line.;):D

SamT
9th October 2009, 01:27 PM
Sam slept through the night but Charlie didnt. Depends on the dog I would say. Charlie still only sleeps till about 6 but Sam has to be dragged out of the bed haha!!

i luv cavs
9th October 2009, 01:35 PM
rua who is 6 months has always slept through the nite. during the week when i get up at 7 he is still snoring away.

heather r
9th October 2009, 09:21 PM
DON'T WONDER, just enjoy!!Our Abigail waited a few more months to sleep though the night and she will get us up by 7AM.

Heather R

sweethearts
11th October 2009, 11:19 PM
I too expected crying at night for some time. I've had Mrs. Beasley for just over a month now. She is 16 weeks and she started sleeping the whole night in bed with me a couple weeks after we got her. My husband does scoop her up around 6 am for her morning piddle. Then she comes back in bed with me and we sleep some more. She keeps me warm and I love that!