PDA

View Full Version : Popps Diet Recommendations Pls

Brian M
11th October 2009, 09:02 PM
Hi

Just thought to ask if you owned pop who is a big Cav of 3 1/2 yrs with some excercise in the week but out Fri night and 3 x on sat and sun what when and how much would you feed I havent weighed her tonight but I gues she is 12.80 kilo and ideally I want her 10.50 kilo ,answers pls lots and lots.

MARK MARSHALL
11th October 2009, 09:20 PM
A normal coffee cup of dried food is enough for any CKCS per day !

No extras and no good night treats.

Then with more exercise - results should be seen.

Good luck Brian.

Brian M
11th October 2009, 09:23 PM
mark i weigh everything to be exact how many rammes in a good cup

Rj Mac
11th October 2009, 09:26 PM
I couldn't give you the exact weight, but our girls get a cup of dry food each per day too.....but our cup is the 1 supplied in a JWB bag, they get half in the morning, and the other half in the evening......Jake on the other hand gets 2 cups per day,

MARK MARSHALL
11th October 2009, 09:32 PM
I would initially go for 100 gms - no more, although the bags tend to suggest approx 130 ? But they would, wouldnt they !

What you are trying to do is get the reserve of fat burnt off so you need to be strict and determined to see it through.

So difficult when our dear Cavaliers look us in the eye, wanting more.

Mark.

Love my Cavaliers
11th October 2009, 10:11 PM
A rule of thumb that I've always heard is reduce the amount you feed by one-third if you want your dog to lose weight. Oliver weighs just about what Poppy weighs (he's at a good weight, just a big boy) and he gets 1/3 cup of food/day plus a dehydrated yam slice and a biscuit at night. He also gets raw fruits and vegies during the day if I am in the kitchen cooking.

team bella
12th October 2009, 07:44 PM
Bella is an average size cav and she's been losing weight on the Burns hi oats(I feed her that mainly because of her bottom problem). I give her 1.5oz per day and 2 little bonios in the evening. She's now down to 8.5kg and vet says she needs to be around 6kg which personally I think she won't get to. Also I feed the cats off the floor now as Bella did a very good ram raid and cleared all bowls in 5 secs flat. When she gets down a little more I'll review portions.