• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

kennel cough

steph

hi. we are going away for 2 weeks in April, normally a family member will take charlie for us but this yr we are all going together. just wondering when should we get him vaccinated for kennel cough? hate the thoughts of leaving him with strangers for 2 weeks:(

Hi,i have boarding kennels,its needs to be done asap or min.72 hrs before going into kennels.It last for about one yr.

It is better to do sooner rather than later. Most kennels want it done about 5 days before the dog goes in at latest though technically it is three days to take effect.

Ideally I'd do it about a week or two before so you have time to deal with any potential reactions and have your paperwork in order.

Hi steph

Apart from it being required to board them two of my four have just had KC ,daisy it lasted around 4 weeks and poppy who I thought was clear coughed again 10 mins ago so shes had it going on 5 weeks ,its not debilitating but its certainly not nice for them so your added benefit will be that you are covered against infection for approx 12 months. :)

Last edited:
Agree that you should get shot earlier rather than waiting. However, as we witnessed last year with our golden the shot doesn't protect against all illnesses. Our Kelsi was up to date with Kennel cough shot but still picked up a virus at dog park. Our vet said the shot won't protect against all but is the best around.

Heather R

thank you so much for your replies. i thought it had to be done a minimum of 6 months before he went into kennels. i think ill book him into vet this week to get it done, at least it will be out of the way. can i just ask if anyone knows what kennel cough is?:confused:

Home Stay Boarding

Hi,

Im new to the boards, but have always looked at this great site.
I have three gorgeous Cavaliers, Belle 3, Charlie and Daisy both ten months. I am a dog groomer by profession so my 3 are spoilt rotten in that department, and I also provide home from home boarding to a select number of dogs if you are looking for somewhere nice and homely for your dogs to stay (C:

Johanna

Back