PDA

View Full Version : Homed: Still looking

hannahpanda
18th October 2009, 02:15 PM
poor Krissy is still in Many Tears
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/KRISSY-cav-03-09-09.jpg

03-09-09 Krissy is 6 year old and an ex breeding girl. She has dry eye and a heart mumur which is around a grade 3. The dry eye will need treatment but her heart murmur is not bad enough for medication at the moment but this may be needed in the future. Krissy has come in with 3 other ex breeding cavs. They are all very sweet patient and love the company of other cavs as that is what they have known all their lives. They have never lived in a house so are not house trained or lead trained. We find the easiest way for them to learn (and the way that is the least stressful for them) is for them to be adopted to a homes that already have another another kind sweet dog for them to copy. Therefore please do not apply for Krissy unless you already have a dog or dogs who are kind, gentle and who will be her friend.

Wagtails
18th October 2009, 05:04 PM
Oh no - that's so sad :(

She was reserved for quite a long time too, but obviously something wasn't right. At least she's being fostered now, so will be slowly learning how to live a normal life.

Good luck, little Krissy, and hang on in there - the right home can't be far away :l*v:

Claire L
18th October 2009, 08:48 PM
Aww she is beautiful, bless her. I hope she finds her forever home very soon.

hannahpanda
28th October 2009, 07:48 PM
UPDATE on Krissy, still looking poor girl!

26-10-09 UPDATE WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO HAS OWNED CAVS WITH HEART MURMURS
I've had several Cavaliers with heart murmurs when they arrived with me. None of them has lived to be less than 9 years old. My own wonderful vet advised me not to treat them like invalids, but just to keep them at a good weight, watch their body language for the amount of exercise they need, avoid going out in hot weather and common sense things like that. None of them has needed to be on medication until the last few months of their lives.
We are hoping this might encourage someone to offer Krissy a wonderful and loving forever home. Please give her the chance.

28-10-09 UPDATE

Yes Krissy has a few health problems but no one has told her that. She trots along both on and off lead with her tail and head held high, she is always eager to meet people, children, dogs of all sizes, she would have no problem with a cat, although I don't have one. I have left her for a few hours without any problems, she is 99% house trained. She takes her heart tablet in a piece of cheese and sits still while I clean her eyes, she is first in line for a meal, and knows where the treat cupboard is. Of all the dogs beds I have Krissy chose to sleep with one of my GSDs, (who very very sadly we said goodnight to yesterday - he was a week away from his 13th birthday). Whilst she will need a bit of care each day and of course money for medication, she will repay you time over with her beautiful character and beautiful looks and eyes that just say thank you.

Wagtails
29th October 2009, 09:29 AM
There's a couple of new photos of Krissy at her Foster Home in Brean, Somerset, as well. She really does seem like an absolute darling :)

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/KRISSY-update-28-10-09b.jpg http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/KRISSY-update-28-10-09.jpg

Wagtails
11th November 2009, 05:21 PM
Just thought those of you who follow these Rescue threads would be very pleased to read this message that I received today from Many Tears. I noticed that Krissy had disappeared from their website, so contacted them to ask after her.

This is what they said:

"Thank you for your email regarding Krissy. She was marked as reserved but only for a day on our site. Following her home check she went to her new home and was removed from the site. Thank you for cross posting our cavs and helping them to find homes."

So that's good news for one little soul at least - several more still to go though - both in UK and in Ireland!!

:mexwav::mexwav:

Vonniemc
11th November 2009, 09:03 PM
Thats fantastic news :)