• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Board software update

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I have just made an advance purchase of the upcoming version of the board software, which is a major overhaul. It will include the ability to add the main website I've wanted to do for ages in an easy and manageable way and also lets members do many more things. It will include enhanced blogs and lots of new features.

There's no release date yet but I'd expect this to be fairly soon as the deadline for advance orders is the end of this month.

It has some very cool stuff including the possibility of creating a site within the site where members can post images and articles. People will be able to embed video in posts and blogs rather than just links. There will be more social features too such as pop-up buddy lists that will let you know when friends come online.

You can see some screenshots of the basic formats here.

I haven't figured out exactly how I will use the new features, but once it is released I will do the board upgrade so the forums will avail of the new capabilities.

Oh cool, you can now see what the actual new forum design will look like here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

Of course I change colours etc so it will be personalised to CT. If they are now running it as the public forum, the release is very close. :jmp2:

So many good things showing. Neat about the pictures and video-seems to be a boonswoggle at times.(not sure I'm using boonswoggle correctly :lpy:)

Profiles are nice too. They are saying it is in very early beta but will be released as a product in Q4. So we will have this in place I hope before the start of the new year.

When I had a site I used SMF which was a website and forum together once you used an add on called Tiny Portal. The new features in the update look good though. I just hope you keep the current colours because I dont like too much white in forums (I find it easier to read forums with dark colours)

:w*w:Karlin looks great cl*p

Can't wait to see the new release...and another yes to stopping with this background colour, I struggle with white too!

I wouldn't leave it at that pale white-- I already have changed colours etc on this board anyway so would do some changes on that format as well. It is more the functionality that will be fun! :)

Back