• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

oh Teddy

Nicki

OK not sure if you want to hear this but...

Some of you know that Teddy has been quite bad {Syringomyelia, MVD, liver problems...} to the point that I've seriously considered making THAT decision :(

Yesterday I think he was trying to tell me he's not ready to give up yet :)

Whilst I was out and hubby was in charge, Teddy brought a wild rabbit indoors EEK

Trevor thought it was dead, tried to take it off Teddy and saw it move!! He managed to get it away from Teddy, and took it outside. Sadly the rabbit was affected with Myxomatosis, so Trevor was going to put it out of its misery, but it managed to run off before he could do so.

Thank goodness I wasn't here!!! I think that was why Teddy managed to catch it though - I don't think he has the speed to catch a fit rabbit now - not that Cavaliers tend to know what to do with them if they do catch them LOL They usually just let them go!

Riley, my SM dog, is the hunter of my pack. She has brought birds and mice to me and I had to take a freshly killed chipmuck out of her mouth just this summer. Funny how you think these SM dogs are sometimes so fragile and then they do something so out of character - like Teddy. Sure seems like the boy has some life left in him!

Oh dear! :eek: But good old Teddy for still being ready for a little hunt. :) I think the activity helps give them a dose of the endorphins that help with pain.

I had to laugh, Nicki :).

Don't you feel so proud of them when they do something spectacularly gross? I'm pleased he's still got that special Cavalier attitude to life ;)

My mums black and tan girl found a dead pigeon in the garden yesterday, we think the sparrowhawk had got it, before we could get her away she'd got it in her mouth and was off!! Eventually she dropped it, but she wasnt happy to let it go:yuk:

Good for Teddy. We all need a little excitement in our lives when we are feeling low, and that obviously satisfied the spaniel hunting streak in him.

Monty use to catch frogs and bring them in with a leg dangling down each side of his mouth.
He would then drop them and they would take refuge under the sofa, which created great problems when I stopped being able to bend.

He would then drop them and they would take refuge under the sofa, which created great problems when I stopped being able to bend
:p:p:p
I stopped being able to bend decades ago,but if a dog dropped a frog anywhere in my living room, I'd be clean over the couch in one leap. Hate frogs!
Nicki I'm glad Teddy is still getting some enjoyment out of life. If he's strong and alert enough to hunt a rabbit, he's still got something left in the tank.
Sins

:p:p:p
I stopped being able to bend decades ago,but if a dog dropped a frog anywhere in my living room, I'd be clean over the couch in one leap. Hate frogs!

After its rained my lawn is usually covered in baby frogs from the pond. Chaos just watches them fascinated. One morning I found one swimming round in the dog's water bowl in the kitchen, luckily they have two bowls and I am not really frightened of them :p.
Also glad Teddy is still enjoying some things its great to see them behaving like a normal dog. Chaos is feeling a bit better now she is on preds and has started playing with her nylon bone again and is not hiding under the coffee table so much.

Back