PDA

View Full Version : Cassie: seeking foster and a new home

Karlin
26th October 2009, 08:50 PM
Cassie had settled in well with a new cavalier companion in a foster home, but she is now seeking a permanent home. I also need a foster for her as I wish to bring her up to Dublin and home her in the vicinity.

She needs a home with at least one other friendly dog as she is quite shy and as she came from a bad breeding situation in her distant past, having a dog around is a lot more comfortable for her than to be an only dog. An older more settled dog or calm younger dog would be better than a really active young dog.

She was rescued by a kind breeder, and has come along quite a bit but ideally will go to someone who will do a Dog Training Ireland class with her -- she would enjoy this and build the confidence that will help her come out of her shell.

She can be very nervous when left alone so really needs someone who is around during the day. She also needs a secure garden and would not be suitable with children who might leave a door open.

She is an older girl, probably 7 ish or so.

Claire L
26th October 2009, 09:56 PM
If you need help with transport for this little lady, let me know. She sounds lovely.

Shelli
27th October 2009, 11:07 AM
Is Cassie still with Justine? If she is I can help with transport.

Karlin
27th October 2009, 11:44 AM
No, she was moved to get her into a home environment rather than kennels. But she is too far away.

Shelli
27th October 2009, 11:56 AM
Thats good that shes in a home now. If she is still down this end of the country let me know, I may be able to help.

Karlin
5th November 2009, 05:55 PM
Cassie is still looking for a home and now seeking a foster space -- a really lovely older dog for the many of you who admire the gentle older ones! Shy and so deserving of a nice retirement after an unpleasant start. These are the dogs who most qualify as 'rescues' as they come in from bad situations and spend so much of their life in grim surroundings. Justine can give plenty of detail about her lovely personality and gentle nature, if anyone wishes to PM her directly.

Now up on www.ckcsrescue.com again, with application link, and out on Twitter. :)

Desrae
5th November 2009, 08:10 PM
They can PM me directly as well, I know a lot about her.

i luv cavs
7th November 2009, 12:21 PM
hi, i have 3 cavs might be interesrted in this girl im at home 24/7 so she would have plenty of attention and company. I dont live in dub though, would this b a problem

Nicki
7th November 2009, 12:36 PM
Can you go to http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/homes_needed/homes_needed.html and complete an application form please?

Karlin will then get in touch with you.

Karlin
8th November 2009, 01:57 AM
As Nicki notes the website is a place to start. There is a lot of background info on how the rescue operates. You can fill out an application there. :thmbsup:

Karlin
15th November 2009, 04:56 PM
New pictures!

http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/homes_needed/Entries/2009/11/5_CASSIE_%28AVAILABLE%21%29_files/shapeimage_1.png

Cassie has been doing great and is really a transformed dog since she first came into rescue, a tribute to previous fosters. She settled well into her current foster home right away, and left to approach people in her own time has introduced herself to her fosters and enjoys companionship on her own terms so far but is indicating she will be expecting some laps to be available very soon :lol:. She sleeps at night in a pen down near the other cavaliers in the house with no problem and enjoys the use of a crate as well to go in and out.

A really lovely, sweet girl; looking for that very special new home! Noisy, active, younger kids would not be comfortable for her so she wants an adult home or one with older, quiet, gentle kids. She could be an only dog but would especially enjoy at least one other dog companion.

Her new foster might bring us an update too. :)

PS look at her lovely blenheim spot... :luv:

Wagtails
15th November 2009, 08:12 PM
Cassie is truly beautiful, Karlin, and a tribute to you and her fosterers. I'm sure we are all keeping everything crossed that she finds the perfect new home very soon. Good luck, Cassie :l*v:

Desrae
15th November 2009, 09:40 PM
She is beautiful indeed! A sweet and soulful dog who deserves a good home. That spot looks very kissable. Thanks for keeping us informed on her progress. :biggrin: