PDA

View Full Version : Janet York's Newest Cavalier Book

Holly
27th October 2009, 10:43 AM
Thought you might like to see a fun news clip about Janet York's newest book-- due out in February. It is a book about Reading/Therapy dogs with children. I am a 3rd grade teacher and she is featuring my class in the book along with her Mondrian as a reading/therapy dog. She and her photographer came last year to do a photo shoot in my classroom and all around Atlanta. The local news came out and interviewed us and featured the clip on the 6 o'clock news. It was very exciting for all of us and we are looking forward to the release of the book in February! I think this book will shed some light on the value of Reading/Therapy dogs and what they do.

Here is the link-- give it a minute to load on the right side of the screen:

http://www.11alive.com/news/education/story.aspx?storyid=130406&catid=11#comments

Karlin
27th October 2009, 11:33 AM
Wow, that is wonderful! How exciting to be the featured class! :) I am sure there will be plenty of interest from people here. When the book is out be sure to let us know as I know people will want to order it. :)

Cathy T
27th October 2009, 02:52 PM
That is the coolest thing ever!!! Holly, your kids are so fortunate to have you as a teacher. They are learning so much more than the usual curriculum. I bet your kids get up excited to go to school every day....I know I would. Do keep us posted on the book, I know I'd love to buy a copy.

frecklesmom
27th October 2009, 05:28 PM
How exciting for your class-just makes me smile :).

Claire L
27th October 2009, 06:11 PM
Congratulations Holly, I bet it was a real treat having Janet and Mondo there. You look lovely by the way and I especially loved the little guy talking :):mexwav:

Holly
27th October 2009, 08:06 PM
Congratulations Holly, I bet it was a real treat having Janet and Mondo there. You look lovely by the way and I especially loved the little guy talking :):mexwav:

Thanks, guys! Claire-- isn't he adorable? He is the funniest little kid. (BTW, we do have Media Releases on all the kids!)

It has been very exciting and we can't wait for the book to be published. I think Janet's books are just beautiful-- I particularly love Corneel at the Plaza, the pictures are just breathtaking.

gocamping
28th October 2009, 01:45 AM
Holly, I still think this is so cool! Let me know when the book is available I know a few kids that would love to read it.

I am hoping to meet with our local librarian and do some reading nights with Libby.