• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Janet York's Newest Cavalier Book

Holly

Thought you might like to see a fun news clip about Janet York's newest book-- due out in February. It is a book about Reading/Therapy dogs with children. I am a 3rd grade teacher and she is featuring my class in the book along with her Mondrian as a reading/therapy dog. She and her photographer came last year to do a photo shoot in my classroom and all around Atlanta. The local news came out and interviewed us and featured the clip on the 6 o'clock news. It was very exciting for all of us and we are looking forward to the release of the book in February! I think this book will shed some light on the value of Reading/Therapy dogs and what they do.

Here is the link-- give it a minute to load on the right side of the screen:

http://www.11alive.com/news/education/story.aspx?storyid=130406&catid=11#comments

Wow, that is wonderful! How exciting to be the featured class! :) I am sure there will be plenty of interest from people here. When the book is out be sure to let us know as I know people will want to order it. :)

That is the coolest thing ever!!! Holly, your kids are so fortunate to have you as a teacher. They are learning so much more than the usual curriculum. I bet your kids get up excited to go to school every day....I know I would. Do keep us posted on the book, I know I'd love to buy a copy.

Congratulations Holly, I bet it was a real treat having Janet and Mondo there. You look lovely by the way and I especially loved the little guy talking :):mexwav:

Congratulations Holly, I bet it was a real treat having Janet and Mondo there. You look lovely by the way and I especially loved the little guy talking :):mexwav:

Thanks, guys! Claire-- isn't he adorable? He is the funniest little kid. (BTW, we do have Media Releases on all the kids!)

It has been very exciting and we can't wait for the book to be published. I think Janet's books are just beautiful-- I particularly love Corneel at the Plaza, the pictures are just breathtaking.

Holly, I still think this is so cool! Let me know when the book is available I know a few kids that would love to read it.

I am hoping to meet with our local librarian and do some reading nights with Libby.

Back