PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: fosterers

Karlin
28th October 2009, 04:41 PM
I just had another call today about a 6 year old cavalier needing a new home so she doesn;t go to the pound :eek:. So at the moment I need foster places for:

3 yr old ruby male
6 yr old female
7 yr old female
potentially the part-blind cavalier

Can anyone help? These are all or will be, Dublin region dogs, but I am open to other possibilities to keep them safe and get them started towards rehoming. Short term foster is better than nothing as I work to get these dogs ready for rehoming, but three of these could potentially need a bit of time as they are in various ways, special needs dogs that may not find immediate homes and instead need the RIGHT homes. :)

Justine
28th October 2009, 04:48 PM
If Shelli going up to you ,she can bring a couple back down to me,or is that to messy.Jus.

casshon
28th October 2009, 06:05 PM
I can help with a short term foster.

Karlin
28th October 2009, 06:28 PM
I really need at least two weeks on these dogs as I believe all need spay/neuter and it will take that long to find them homes. I will keep in reserve the short term offers as it may be useful to have one place for them to go, tif I have a longer term foster possible.

Just a lot of dogs suddenly needing rescue space at the moment and nowhere for them to go. :eek:

Thelly
28th October 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi Karlin

Our door is always open for them. Just drop me a line.

Claire L
28th October 2009, 06:38 PM
I'm really sorry I can't do fostering but if we can help with transport, please let us know :)

Shelli
28th October 2009, 06:42 PM
I know I'm too far away for fostering but I will be travelling to Dublin at the weekend if I can be of any help with transport :)

pippa
28th October 2009, 08:09 PM
Can't do fostering either but willing to do home checks if needed.

Karlin
28th October 2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the various offers. I cannot take in any dogs til I have places for them to go so no need yet for transport. Thelly I need to give you a ring anyway :) so will ring tomorrow. The most urgent is the ruby male who needs a place on Friday or so I think. I'll talk tomorrow -- am just overwhelmed with work deadlines this evening.

Shivers
29th October 2009, 12:13 AM
I can take one in if necessary. The only thing is the kids. Let me know anyway and can do transport as well.
Hope you made the deadlines ok.

Karlin
29th October 2009, 11:37 AM
Another female coming in. :lpy:

Vonniemc
29th October 2009, 11:54 AM
Karlin I have never fostered before but I do have a 17month old cavalier. If I can be of any help in fostering then let me know. I am in Wexford but could travel.

Shelli
29th October 2009, 12:13 PM
It seems to be raining cavaliers at the minute!

Karlin
29th October 2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks all. I am up to my eyes today but am going to try and start sorting all these dogs tomorrow and in coming days so will come back to people to see if they can help out. :)

sins
29th October 2009, 12:15 PM
I have a free space if you need. But after Bailey, can I please have something harmless and female please??
:rotfl:
Sins

Charlifarley
29th October 2009, 02:05 PM
Karlin I am willing to throw my name into the pot too. I can help with transport and/or fostering -a female if at all possible, as I have two males and think that would be a better mix, but will take your advice. I live in Dublin.
Good luck with all the sorting out:rolleyes:
Charli

Karlin
30th October 2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks guys, this is slowly coming together. I will turn my head to this in the coming days. Yes for some reason almost no dogs for months then suddenly a large batch, then a short breather, then they start raining again.

Dink
31st October 2009, 12:10 AM
My door is always open to help too.. Let me know if you need anything!

Justine
31st October 2009, 09:11 AM
Sounds like you are covered,its great to have loads os options.I am allways here...

Karlin
31st October 2009, 02:32 PM
Another pair of males likely to come in. Very busy at the moment. Some of these dogs are able to stay with owners for the time being.

Ste
31st October 2009, 06:03 PM
Karlin we can foster a female for as long as needed, can't take in a male with Gavin though :rolleyes:

The only issue is that we'd have to bring her in on a Friday night or Saturday morning to allow a full weekend for the many introductions our house requires :lol:

Karlin
3rd November 2009, 03:11 PM
Another female in. Yikes -- the run up to Christmas has begun. The dogs needing foster so far are sorted -- but this could change very fast as there are a number of people who are supposed to get back to me about their dogs, that haven't yet.

Charlifarley
3rd November 2009, 03:14 PM
Thats good to know that you are sorted, my offer to help still stands if it is needed :)

Karlin
3rd November 2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks, I am waiting for the other she to drop! A couple of people are supposed to give me a ring this week yet about some of the dogs I listed previously.