PDA

View Full Version : Calendar cover 2010

Nicki
28th October 2009, 06:53 PM
For those who maybe do not know, the front cover of the calendar has always featured at least one of the Cavaliers on the board who has passed away over the previous year.

This year we very sadly had ten Cavaliers to include.

My husband has had a busy day producing this - we hope you like it:

http://www.pbase.com/trevorhughes/image/118801644/original.jpg

Rj Mac
28th October 2009, 07:07 PM
It's fantastic Nicki, they are all beautiful:thmbsup::lotsaluv:

ourempire
28th October 2009, 07:08 PM
Very beautiful, Nicki. It had me all choked up. Thank you to your husband.

Rumor
28th October 2009, 07:16 PM
Beautiful! It made me tear up to look at it too.

Shelli
28th October 2009, 07:38 PM
It fantastic Nicki. Well done and thank you to both you and your husband :)

*Pauline*
28th October 2009, 08:26 PM
I think that's lovely Nicki and what's really nice is the cheerful colours. Well done and thank you cl*p

heather r
28th October 2009, 08:31 PM
A beautiful tribute to ten who will be sorely missed by their owners!

Heather R

pippa
28th October 2009, 09:07 PM
Beautiful..made my eyes mist over.

renate
28th October 2009, 09:21 PM
beautiful!!
i love the rainbow and the cheerful colours:)

merlinsmum
28th October 2009, 09:50 PM
thats lovely Nicki - well done to the husband!:p

lady and amber
28th October 2009, 11:25 PM
Beautiful!
I know Lady is missed a lot by my family, as will all the other cavaliers be, by there familys.

Wagtails
29th October 2009, 09:44 AM
Oh Nicki, that is just beautiful - thank you and your husband so very much :hug:

I too have a tear in my eye to see my lovely Peppa up there with all the other Bridge babies. We trust they are all having fun together and in peace :l*v:

Tania
29th October 2009, 01:16 PM
Beautifully done, I love it :)

SamT
29th October 2009, 05:27 PM
It looks great, thanks. All very beautiful dogs.

ice-cavi
29th October 2009, 07:24 PM
Love it :l*v:

HollyDolly
29th October 2009, 10:19 PM
Nicki that is so beautiful, what a wonderful tribute to the dogs that have gone to the bridge.
I am just kicking myself I did not make it in time to post picture of our little Cassie. I can stick a little one on of her when I receive the calendar.
Hubby has done a lovely job, tell him thankyou.

Nanette

Nicki
29th October 2009, 11:25 PM
Thank you everyone - so glad that you all like the cover.

Nanette, I'm so sorry Cassie is not included. I'm sure she could be put on next year's cover...

We will think of Cassie too.

For those who don't know the story, this is the reason for the rainbow:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

sarahso
30th October 2009, 12:03 AM
thats is lovely, such a fitting tribute

SamT
2nd November 2009, 05:29 PM
Nicki, sorry can you change Razzle to le. I must have typed it wrong when sending the e mail/post. I blame the pregnancy!!

Nicki
4th November 2009, 12:19 PM
This has made quite a bit of extra work, but it has now been corrected Sam - as we wanted it to be perfect. It will be on a site viewed by the the general public this year, so needed to look professional.

Please, please in future can people double check what they post...we picked up the names from the original posts, so went with that spelling.

Many hours of work go into creating these calendars, and episodes like this make it even harder...

Karlin is currently finishing off the calendar and it should be available shortly.

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments - we wanted something special to honour all our beloved companions.

SamT
4th November 2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks Nikki sorry about the mix up. Im doing mad stuff at the mo, I was looking for the remote earlier and I found it in my handbag!

Milo2009
9th November 2009, 07:30 PM
Looks great

Lani
10th November 2009, 03:29 AM
It is very beautiful and a wonderful tribute

Claire L
14th November 2009, 11:56 AM
The cover looks great Nicki . You and Trevor did a great job :flwr:

*Pauline*
14th November 2009, 01:22 PM
When and where can we order the calender?

Brian M
20th November 2009, 04:41 PM
Hi

Anybody know when Calendars can be ordered.:confused:

Karlin
20th November 2009, 06:07 PM
When I post that they are on the Cafepress site.

because I need to do two calendars on two international sites this involves uploading pictures twice and making FOUR calendars, folks... just don't have the time but will try to finish this weekend.

*Pauline*
20th November 2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks Karlin :flwr:

Karlin
22nd November 2009, 06:15 PM
OK these are now available from:

www.cafepress.com/cavaliertalk

and

www.cafepress.co.uk/cavaliertalk

www.cafepress.com.au/cavaliertalk

www.cafepress.ca/cavaliertalk

You can choose to pay in euro.

ourempire
24th November 2009, 06:32 PM
What is the difference between the two calendars?
How do I tell the difference?
I would of course wish to order the one with pictures of my own dogs ;)