PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Poppy 5 yr Ruby, MRI'd, Scotland

Nicki
29th October 2009, 10:18 PM
5 year old ruby bitch Poppy is looking for a new home.

She is a retired show/breeding dog - she was MRI'd at about 2 and had a good result.

Her Mum also had a good scan.

Small donation would be appreciated.

Please contact jacell@blueyonder.co.uk {and mention Cavalier Talk}.

Wagtails
30th October 2009, 08:32 AM
5 year old ruby bitch Poppy is looking for a new home.

She is a retired show/breeding dog - she was MRI'd at about 2 and had a good result.

Her Mum also had a good scan.

Small donation would be appreciated.

Please contact jacell@blueyonder.co.uk {and mention Cavalier Talk}.

Is Poppy in Scotland, Nicki? Do you have any pictures of her?

Nicki
30th October 2009, 02:10 PM
Yes she's Southern Scotland {lanarkshire}, I don't have any photos unfortunately but she is beautiful from what I've been told :D

Are you interested???

misty
31st October 2009, 08:08 PM
just as well she's not black and tan! :)

Agnes
31st October 2009, 09:53 PM
Hi my name is agnes and although ive been watching these boards for a few months ive just joined.I have emailed the lady about poppy she sounds just what im looking for.I know ile have to be checked out before ive any chance but youve got to start somewhere.I had a wee blenhiem for nearly 13yrs and lost her in Feb. We wernt going to have another as it breaks your heart when they go but the house is not a home without a wee cavi for company.So even if I dont stand a chance ile keep looking only you dont see many from Scotland on these boards{maybe thats a good sign} anyway Ile keep my fingers crossed.:-)

Charlifarley
1st November 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi Agnes and welcome. Hope you manage to get Poppy. I am probably biased, but rubies are very special. icon_welcome

jld
1st November 2009, 02:38 AM
Good luck, Agnes. Someone has to get her. Hope it is you. Keep us posted.

barneysmum
1st November 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi, Agnesicon_welcome I lost my wee girl in August, she was a blenheim, her name was Lucy, she was only 8 years old, but she had heart problems and within two weeks of not being too well she died. Needless to say it was awful and I miss her terribly. I hope you can get Poppy, if you need a home check done I am happy to do anywhere around the west of Scotland. I do checks and transport for German Shep. Rescue and Staffie Rescue, but can do it for any rescues:drivecar: within a hundred mile radius of Oban.

lady and amber
1st November 2009, 11:14 AM
icon_welcomeAgnes, wish you look on finding your next cavalier. a house is not a home without a cavalier ;)

Hi, Agnesicon_welcome I lost my wee girl in August, she was a blenheim, her name was Lucy, she was only 8 years old, but she had heart problems and within two weeks of not being too well she died. Needless to say it was awful and I miss her terribly.

That was just the same as my Lady, she was 8 years old took her to the vets as she started to cough, was put on medication but went downhill. in two weeks she had died.

Tania
1st November 2009, 11:24 AM
Hello Agnes, I have been watching the progress of Poppy too, she sounds really lovely, I wish you luck and hope you get her :xfngr:

misty
1st November 2009, 12:28 PM
I hope Poppy finds a wonderful pet home :).

There are no guarantees, and I know that Nicki wouldn't even be posting about Poppy if she didn't rate the breeder :).

It's a risk whenever any of us take a dog on, or buy a pup for that matter, so I'm thinking a clear MRI at age 2 is a good start. If you adopt a rescue dog, you have no idea what the future will hold - surely the same applies in this kind of circumstance too.

Nicki
1st November 2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Misty - you posted whilst I was composing a reply...

Agnes
1st November 2009, 01:20 PM
Hi all
Can I just say that Im looking for a wee cavalier to love and have cherish and have as a pet and that is why Ive applied for Poppy.Even if there were problems it wouldnt really matter as I wouldnt be looking on these rescue pages if I wasnt prepared to take them on.Its a bonus to me that Nicki says she has been heart and eye scanned{if i get her}.Waiting exicitedly with anticapation.Ile let you all know what happens:)

Agnes
1st November 2009, 01:50 PM
Hi
can I also say at the beginning of this thread it says you have to email the person directly{which I have done} and I have had a reply telling me poppy has been eye and heart tested. I think she is doing her best to find the right home for Poppy.:)

Karlin
1st November 2009, 03:33 PM
Ok folks -- this is a rescue dog rehoming thread, in the breed rescue section.

That is where thread content should have remained, with any of the issues that were raised (in deleted posts) either taken up PRIVATELY with the original poster as it is in effect a discussion of the breeder, not the dog, or taken up in the SM forum as a new thread on a broader topic about rehoming scanned dogs with MRIs.

The fact that a dog was MRId and scanned well is appropriate to list as one aspect of the dog. It is inappropriate to make assumptions about what the breeder did, when s/he scanned and why she is rehoming with the implication being there was something wrong with this process (I happen to know there is not, and will vouch for this rehoming). Few people are ever likely to find any rescue or rehoming dogs that have actually had a scan, as is; it is a bonus to have some knowledge of this dog's status and further detail could be asked PRIVATELY of the poster or the breeder from interested parties. If breeders wish to scan again before rehoming that is a personal decision and expense and again NOT RELEVANT to rehoming this individual dog. I'd like to see more breeders scanning even once! It will be nice for a new owner to get a dog that has been scanned and which scanned well at that time.

NB: At the same time it is important to note that if the dog was scanned at under 2.5 years old she won't have a scanning grade, as the dog needs to be 2.5 to fit into the grading scheme. :thmbsup: Further detail on the scanning guidelines are here (http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/breeding/breeding/advice.html).

If people wish to pursue this discussion, please move the topic elsewhere to a fresh thread as a general topic, not related to this specific dog please. :thmbsup: I will remove any further posts not directly related to rehoming Poppy. I've removed the posts that veered off topic.

Nicki
1st November 2009, 09:04 PM
Thank you Karlin - and a big Thank you to Agnes, I hope that Poppy will be the companion you are looking for...

Keep us posted :)

Brian M
1st November 2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Karlin

And thank you and just to be specific about Poppy and her breeder ,it is the same person I obtained my Lily from they are very health focussed and a pleasure to meet and deal with .If anybody wants any further info ref my experiance with her pls pm me ,but Poppy will be a quality little gem to go to somebody .

barneysmum
5th November 2009, 08:22 AM
Any news Agnes?

jld
5th November 2009, 02:18 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I hope we hear good news....

Agnes
6th November 2009, 07:07 PM
Hi All
Well Poppys arrived, and she is absolutly beautiful:w*w:She is lying here beside me curled up and quite happy I could not have wished for a better dog I feel so privelaged to have her.Thankyou for all your best wishes. Ile try and get some photos on but dont hold your breath!!!
she is a lot smaller and gentler than what my candy was but very beautiful. Agnes:D

Karlin
6th November 2009, 07:10 PM
Oh we are all thrilled for you, I know! What a happy ending and be sure to post some pictures of her! So glad you joined the board just in time for this match to happen. :)

Charlifarley
6th November 2009, 07:16 PM
:mexwav:Congratulations!!

*Pauline*
6th November 2009, 07:33 PM
Can't wait to see pictures. It's easier to load pictures to the albums in your profile page.

Brian M
6th November 2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Agnes

Well done to you and Poppy ,as I posted my Lily came from JT and she is only slight and weighs 6.7 kilo ,pics pls .:):):):)icon_welcomecl*p

Wagtails
6th November 2009, 08:05 PM
So pleased for you, Agnes, and do hope you will be able to show us some pictures.

Always great to hear a happy ending in the Breed Rescue part of the Forum, and even more so when it's someone on the Board :wggle:

We wish you lots of happy times together, you and Poppy (same name as one of mine, by the way!) b*n*n*

jld
6th November 2009, 08:24 PM
YEA !!!! Wonderful news... Can't wait to see pictures of her. I am sure there is lots of love going on between you and Poppy.

Nicki
6th November 2009, 09:29 PM
Many Congratulations, that's fantastic news :mexwav:

So pleased for you and for Poppy cl*p

diddy
6th November 2009, 09:52 PM
Sounds like Poppy is having a lovely Gotcha day Agnes. So pleased for you.

Margaret C
7th November 2009, 12:39 AM
Wonderful news:mexwav: