• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dancer my cavalier

DANCER

Hello everyone I am new here. I had to have my Cavalier put to sleep on Tuesday night, he was falling over and not getting up right away, he was not fainting but he had a bad heart and was on Vetmadin, also Frusmide for liquid in lungs, I have only just found out about Episodic Falling Syndrome, the vet couldnt find anything wrong with him but he had two attacks on the Tuesday and one about five days before that, he was 7 years old and I got him from a breeder in Southern Ireland I hope I did the right thing, we also have 3 Chihuahuas and there was no way I could keep him quiet and not excited. I hope I have done the right thing, I did not want him to suffer and I loved him very much.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Dancer. Your heart must be broken. This site has alot of wonderful support and information for you if you choose to adopt another precious Cavalier in the future. :hug:

Oh, I'm so sad for you. Putting a dog to sleep is such a heart-breaking experience. Please don't wonder if you did the right thing - you will drive yourself crazy with guilt. You made the right decision for Dancer in consultation with your vet. Please be at peace. And hopefully you will have another cavalier to fill that empty space soon.

Hi and welcome to the site.
Sorry you had to make such a difficult decision. It's hard to watch them suffer. You made a selfless decision in deciding to let him go :hug:

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I had a black cocker with similar issues (cardiomyopathy though) and he had to be PTS this past June. We adopted him at age 13 and he was almost 17. It is such a tough decision to make but a very selfless one.

Run free at the bridge little one. *ng*l

Hello and welcome to the site. Having had to put several dogs to sleep over the years, I know the way you are questioning your actions. However, you did the right thing and I hope that in the future you will come to realize that.

When our last golden was dying, I waited and waited and was sorry that I didn't listen to my dog a little better.

Heather R

I'm so sorry to hear about Dancer. Sometimes the most selfless thing we can do is let them go when we know their quality of life is no longer good. Have had to let two cats go and let my first one go too long, I regret that more than anything. You made the right decision in knowing you didn't want him to suffer.

I'm so sorry to hear about Dancer. Sometimes the most selfless thing we can do is let them go when we know their quality of life is no longer good. Have had to let two cats go and let my first one go too long, I regret that more than anything. You made the right decision in knowing you didn't want him to suffer.

Firstly I'm so sorry for you and Dancer, it must be heartbreak for you :hug:
Like Cathy I had to let go two cats, and one of them I let go on too long because I just couldn't face it. You're still coming to terms with losing Dancer and it will take you some time to accept it. You based your decision after seeing your darling dogs quality of life suffer and you've made your decision because you love Dancer. Try not to be hard on yourself Dancer was lucky to have you just as you were to have him.
Your having a difficult time, but consider yourself lucky to have shared a part of your life with a wonderful Cavi.

Dancer

Thank you everyone for your kind words. When I found out after I had Dancer PTS that this was not a life threatening attack, I now wonder if he would not have had any more attacks, that is what is worring me so much

I'm sorry you had to make this painful decision. :hug:I to had a cat for 22 years that I waited far to long to do the right thing and let her go. I think you second guess yourself no matter what you decide. I will never forgive myself for making her suffer just because I was selfish.

Back