• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedigree Dogs Exposed: on in US 10 Dec

Interesting. I've never heard of BBC America, and I do not receive it on cable television. I had expected that the program would be presented on a more widely available channel, like Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) or Animal Planet.

It may well be. But was produced for the BBC so would be able to distribute through its channels as well.

Interesting. I've never heard of BBC America,

We get it on our one TV that has the Comcast digital-expanded plan & box; it's channel 114 in our area. I've watched the house-cleaning ladies' show on BBC America, occasionally.

Hopefully the pro-active members on the list will make sure this opportunity to see PDE is made known to as many members of the public as possible.
PS, someone tell Oprah to watch it!!!

That's a good idea for Oprah -- it's just the kind of thing she likes to do shows about. We get BBC America on DirectTV.

Yes I noticed plus I noticed some other news.

BBC AMERICA
Pedigree Dogs Exposed premieres Tuesday, December 10, 8:00 p.m. ET/PT
See at this link address.
http://www.press.bbcamerica.com/press/newsdetail.jsp?news_id=141

Here is an interesting development in America and I noted that the UK APGAW Report recommends the setting up of panel of experts as an Independant Advisory Body to do somewhat similar things for the UK Kennel Club and their Breed Clubs. The following is from this address.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/nov09/091115h.asp

American Veterinary Medical Association

American Kennel Club forms health and welfare panel

The American Kennel Club recently formed the AKC Canine Health and Welfare Advisory Panel, primarily to address issues of responsible dog breeding.

The panel will gather input to assist the AKC in improving the health and welfare of all dogs while providing a forum for outside scientific experts to analyze AKC policy and educate the public about canine health issues.

Ten outside experts, including seven veterinarians, and three AKC representatives make up the panel. Members have expertise in fields such as human-animal interaction, genetics, orthopedics, and veterinary preventive medicine.

BBC America is available on Time Warner Cable in my area. I do believe that you do need to have more than just the basic package to get it though.
J.

Nov 10 is a Tuesday and Dec 10 is a Thursday. Could you clairfy which day it is to be on?

Jane
Mom to Alex & Emma

Nov 10 is a Tuesday and Dec 10 is a Thursday. Could you clairfy which day it is to be on?

Jane
Mom to Alex & Emma
Clarified - Thursday, December 10

The BBC AMERICA website Program Guide for December mentions the following on the DOC file at this address.
http://www.press.bbcamerica.com/press/media/17/december09_highlights.doc

PEDIGREE DOGS EXPOSED – U.S. PREMIERE

In a controversial UK documentary that divided the British dog world, the practices and methods for breeding pedigree dogs are exposed with heartbreaking stories. A pug gasps for breath because his face is too flat, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel writhes in agony because of a brain condition and a distraught owner holds his beloved boxer who is fitting uncontrollably. The fallout from this documentary led to the BBC dropping its coverage of Crufts, the UK’s equivalent of the Westminster Show. This documentary examines how many breeds have been so exaggerated they’re unrecognizable from the fit and functional animals of a century ago. With international perspectives and testimony from top experts including The British Kennel Club, Pedigree Dogs Exposed unravels the historical, social and cultural reasons why purebred dogs today are in so much trouble.

Pedigree Dogs Exposed premieres Thursday, December 10, 8:00 p.m. ET/PT

Back