PDA

View Full Version : 2 more at Many Tears

Kizzys Mum
6th November 2009, 06:00 PM
Sammy is a 5 month old (tri) cav. His fontal gap never closed and he has had sort of brief fainting episodes I was told. We have not seen that yet. He will need a quiet home without young children to fall over him etc. If there is another dog it will also need to be very quiet. He really has a bit of an unknown future but what lies ahead we want to be very happy.

Raspberry is a 3 year old (blen)cav ex breeding bitch. She is charming sweet and gentle. She will need a home with an existing gentle and small dog to help her settle as she has never lived in a house before. So please only apply if you already have an existing dog or dogs living in the home.

Wagtails
6th November 2009, 09:23 PM
I wonder if little SAMMY could be facing similar problems to those described by KateH on a recent thread
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=32466

Here is his picture
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/Sammy-CavPup-05-11-09.jpg

and here is RASPBERRY
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/Raspberry-Cav-05-11-09.jpg

Do get in touch with Many Tears if you are able to help either of these lovely dogs
http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/dogslookingforhomes.htm

Kizzys Mum
7th November 2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks Wagtails - forgot the link :oops:

Kizzys Mum
8th November 2009, 06:41 PM
Sammy is now reserved :)

Wagtails
11th November 2009, 10:16 AM
RASPBERRY is still looking for her forever home and now there is also SUMMER

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/Summer-Cav-09-11-09.jpg
08-11-09 Summer is a 5 year old cavalier who has been retired by her breeder. This lovely girl is great with other dogs and will be a perfect companion for any dog. She is a little nervous though and hasn't any experience of pet life. She will need another dog to follow so please only apply if you already have another dog or dogs living in the home.

SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP EITHER OF THESE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, PLEASE CONTACT MANY TEARS VIA THEIR WEBSITE
http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/dogslookingforhomes.htm

Kizzys Mum
13th November 2009, 06:54 PM
Sad news about Sammy -
Over this past week Sammy has been observed closely and it was apparent early on that he was showing strange behaviours which eventually lead to seizure episodes. Sammy was examined by veterinary surgeons and following an ultrasound scan of his skull the diagnosis of hydrocephalus was confirmed. Hydrocephalus is a congenital condition where excessive fluid gathers around and within the brain creating pressure. The swollen brain presses against the skull and out of the open fontanelle's which in a normal skull would have closed over. The space taken up by the fluid should be filled with brain tissue and due to the disruption of the brains normal state seizures occur.
In Sammy's case the area of his brain filled with fluid was extensive and due to the severity and incidence of his seizures the veterinary team, in consultation with neurology consultants and Many Tears, advised he be euthanized as he was clearly suffering. Sammy fell asleep in my arms. Thank you to all the veterinary surgeons and nurses who cared for Sammy.
:(

Wagtails
13th November 2009, 09:06 PM
Oh that is so sad about Sammy - RIP poor little mite :d*g:

Glad to see that SUMMER and RASPBERRY are both marked as Reserved tonight, so fingers crossed for them both.

angela j
14th November 2009, 11:47 AM
I also read about Sammy this morning on the MT site - so very sad, such a short life but as he was with a MT foster carer as least he had the chance of the good life for a while.

I have applied for Summer and she is being reserved for us - currently waiting for a home check (but as I've been accurate with all the info I've given I can't see any real probs). I'm in touch with her foster carer and apparantly she's a typical sweet natured cav, but very nervous and underweight at the moment so needs lots of feeding up, but getting braver and a little more adventurous by the day. All being well we should be able to collect her next sunday (being spayed med-week).

hannahpanda
14th November 2009, 12:32 PM
Poor Sammy, RIP :(

Theres some more cavs in and a cav cross (I cant get the images to work on here)

11-11-09 Tommy is a 3 year old cavalier cross who's owners have taken very ill unexpectedly and are no longer able to look after him or Dizzy. Tommy is very friendly and happy boy who and loves people and children. He's smaller than his picture makes him look and he's about the size of a chunky cavalier.

12-11-09 Vicky is a 4yr old female ex breeding cavalier who is looking for a special loving home to call her own. She will definitely need a resident dog to help her come out of her shell and some lovely people to give her the fuss and care she deserves. Please only apply if you already have a kind and gentle dog or dogs living in the home.

12-11-09 Verity is a 4yr old female ex breeding cav. The beautiful gentle girl is nervous and is looking for a home where she can build her confidence with the help of a resident dog. Please only apply if you already have a kind and gentle dog or dogs living in the home.

Wagtails
15th November 2009, 08:40 PM
I have applied for Summer and she is being reserved for us - currently waiting for a home check (but as I've been accurate with all the info I've given I can't see any real probs). I'm in touch with her foster carer and apparantly she's a typical sweet natured cav, but very nervous and underweight at the moment so needs lots of feeding up, but getting braver and a little more adventurous by the day. All being well we should be able to collect her next sunday (being spayed med-week).

Oh that is such good news, Angela and thanks for sharing with us. We are always so thrilled when someone from Cavalier Talk manages to rescue one of these little ones, so will keep everything crossed that Summer will soon be with you. She looks such a sweetheart :)

Wagtails
17th November 2009, 11:32 PM
VICKY and VERITY now marked as Reserved. b*n*n*

Fingers crossed for these two lovelies :xfngr::xfngr: