• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Today Jaspar is 6

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
On a cold early December day six (six!) years ago, I drove up to Castleblayney to see a breeder's litter of new tri and blenheim pups. They were just over three weeks old and though there was the cutest, outgoing little tri, I wanted a blenheim, and the puppy that I knew I wanted had a very large head and was burrowed into the puppy pile. Here he is, on that visit:

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

I collected Jaspar on new year's eve and couldn't believe I had my little guy -- I used to spend hours looking at pictures of cavaliers and reading about the breed in anticipation of getting my own. Now he was home and on my lap!

He was special of course from the day I chose him, but it would take the passing of time for me to realise how very very special he is. Many experienced dog loving people feel that while you can have a bevy of wonderful dogs, only rarely, you experience the amazing pleasure of owning that once in a lifetime dog that seems to know what you think, where you communicate almost telepathically.

That is Jaspar, for me.

When I thought about what I wanted in a dog -- well, Jaspar has fulfilled every one of those hopes. I love all the dogs, but Jaspar and I are a team in a way the others aren't. I have never had to work to train him -- half of what he knows he figured out by himself from context. He is always just perfect, for me -- yes, he is my ADD (attention deficit dog) and he can be hard work (he is just too darn smart and active and such dogs are a challenge and need things to do!) but I adore him and never am as happy as when we are on a long long walk in each other's company, or driving somewhere together, or sitting by the fire as I read.

He and all the others had a nice meal of beef this morning and I took him for a special walk to the Phoenix Park, just the two of us.

I can't believe he is 6 -- he always seems like my puppy -- and he more than any of them makes me wish dogs lived til 20 or 30, as their lives are too brief!

He's the dog in my avatar and a very special boy.

:hppybdy:

:hppybdy: Jasper

I hope you both had a lovely day.

I know what you mean when you say once in a life time dog. I never thought it existed until I got my Harley.

Beautiful and moving words, Karlin. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous soulmate from me and my tribe :mexwav:

Cavaliersareatreasure.jpg

:hppybdy::hppybdy::hppybdy: JASPAR

Hope you've had a very special day - and enjoyed your walk with Karlin, lovely to have that special attention :jmp2:

Karlin, some of them are just that extra bit special aren't they - I know Jaspar is one of them, and we have been lucky to have had a couple of very very special dogs.

Enjoy him!!

He was special of course from the day I chose him, but it would take the passing of time for me to realise how very very special he is. Many experienced dog loving people feel that while you can have a bevy of wonderful dogs, only rarely, you experience the amazing pleasure of owning that once in a lifetime dog that seems to know what you think, where you communicate almost telepathically.

That is Jaspar, for me.

Exactly what we all feel about the dog that becomes our soulmate.

:hppybdy: To Jaspar, Karlin's Special Dog :hppybdy:

Jaspar says thanks! He is relaxing in front of the heat from the fire this evening... I just took this:

4080984143_349c2eb5b3.jpg

I guess all the other dogs are letting him have the whole bed to himself this evening!

:hppybdy: to a special Jasper-what a lucky boy to get a private walk which you as a Prince absolutely deserve :hug:.

:hppybdy: Jasper :hppybdy:

Time sure goes fast. You explained how I feel about Remus to a T.
Hope Jasper enjoyed his special day. :luv:

:hppybdy:Happy Birthday Jasper. What a lucky boy to have such a lovely home. Just what every dog should have, a warm fire, comfy bed and is that a bone between your paws?

Back