• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Interesting item on Beverley Cuddy's blog

These appears to be the 3 complaints upheld where 16 other complaints were not upheld by OFCOM, and from the media I've read the BBC is angry and furious at OFCOM and they mentioned taking matters to the Judicial.
"The regulator is understood to have concluded that the programme was unfair to the Kennel Club when it likened the body’s stance on pedigree breeding to the eugenics movement and the Nazis. It also upheld complaints made by breeders of Rhodesian ridgebacks and cavalier King Charles spaniels that they, too, had not been treated fairly."

For the latest media use this link address.
The Times
Watchdog backs off over BBC's pedigree breeders exposé
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6910296.ece

Another media article to read at this link address.
Ofcom bows to BBC over Pedigree Dogs ruling
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/...ger-over-pedigree-dogs-ruling/5007898.article

These appears to be the 3 complaints upheld where 16 other complaints were not upheld by OFCOM, and from the media I've read the BBC is angry and furious at OFCOM and they mentioned taking matters to the Judicial.
"The regulator is understood to have concluded that the programme was unfair to the Kennel Club when it likened the body’s stance on pedigree breeding to the eugenics movement and the Nazis. It also upheld complaints made by breeders of Rhodesian ridgebacks and cavalier King Charles spaniels that they, too, had not been treated fairly."

For the latest media use this link address.
The Times
Watchdog backs off over BBC's pedigree breeders exposé
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6910296.ece

Another media article to read at this link address.
Ofcom bows to BBC over Pedigree Dogs ruling
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/...ger-over-pedigree-dogs-ruling/5007898.article

It appears that the Person that oversaw both the initial complaint and the appeals process was a former KC judge.........A quote from 'Broadcast Now' ....."They got the same person to be judge and jury. It took a record time for Ofcom to rule on and there was an unprecedented level of protest to Ofcom, right up until the last minute,” a source said. It is understood Ofcom has restructured its appeals process following the complaints"

Do read the articles yourself. I'm afraid I cannot help laughing.:p In the Times article there is an interesting little snippet of news that fits neatly with the eugenics issue raised in PDE.

Interesting Item on Beverley Cuddy's Blog

Hope it's OK joining in here with this Post I have put on Dog World about this subject

Could some-body please tell me how the PDE TV Program was unfair to the Cavalier Breed?

They have a Health Disease called Syringomyelia .It has been written in a Veterinary Paper that Cavalier Brains are too Big for their Skulls, this was also commented by the APGAW Committee.

Also 50% of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur at 5 years of age ,the Cardiologist at the Recent UK CKCS CLUB AGM,who also appeared on the PDE Film ,mentioned that this figure is no better than it was 18 years ago .

Many of us Broken Heart Cavalier Pet Owners have been trying to get across to Cavalier Breeders for over 20 years that our Cavaliers were dying at a young age from the Heart Problem afflicting our Breed who were dying at 7-8 years of age.

Yes I am a Cavalier Pet Owner who has had many tears because of some of our Cavaliers dying at such early ages.

I saw no sign of Bias on the PDE TV FILM...Only what is happening in the Cavalier World to-day .

OK Cavalier Breeders are now saying that they are tackling the MVD Problem ,that this should have been explained on the Program,but where those same Cavalier Breeders 20 years ago , when most of them were doing nothing about it.

Interesting Item on Beverley Cuddy's Blog.

In case any-body goes to read my Post in DOG WORLD ,wondering why it could be said on the OfCOM Report that I did'nt think Cavaliers 'mention on the PDE TV FILM was Biased, it has been Removed.

Have I Ruffled some-body's Feathers.

Back