• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just found you as well

Just 2 weeks ago we had to put Lady our 14 year old Blenheim to sleep. Just 9 days later our other dog Rufus aged 10 had to have an anaesthetic to get some dental work done. His heart gave way during the procedure. This is now an empty house. It is my intention to get another Cavalier shortly. I have already spoken to a breeder who will have a pup ready in 4 weeks time. Is there an online list of registered breeders? I live in the Monaghan area.

hello

Hi from another new person to this site. Very sorry to read about you losing your cav's so close together. They leave such a big gap not only in the home but in the heart.

Oh goodness I'm so very sorry - that's tragic :(

There's lots of advice on choosing a breeder on this site - please be very careful and go to someone who is health testing, breeding for temperament and for show.

Hi and welcome. I am so sorry for your losses. How wonderful though that they lived such (relatively) long lives. I have a friend who lost her two Cavaliers very suddenly as well - just 6 weeks apart. It was just heartbreaking for her so I have an idea of what you are going through.

I hope pictures and stories of the Cavaliers on this board will keep you entertained until your new puppy arrives. :flwr:

Hi Liam,
I'm sorry to hear you've lost your cavaliers after so many years together.
Does the breeder you've chosen show cavaliers?
I'd always prefer to buy from a breeder who's a member of a cavalier Club and shows as I've come across many Irish breeders who are just breeding cavaliers in the home for cash and the cavaliers are not of a great quality or may be bred in poor conditions.
You could contact the Irish Cavalier Club or the Northern Ireland Cavalier Club who have members who run a puppy register and may be able to help you.
www.irishcavalierclub.com
http://www.cavaliers.co.uk/northernireland.htm
In the UK health tests are readily available to breeders at a low cost and if you have the option of travelling to the UK,you may be able to find pups who's parents are screened for syringomyelia and MVD.
Either way,good luck with your search for your next cavalier.
Sins

Hi Liam. I'm really sorry for your losses. Last fall my youngest moved away for school and our eldest dog (A Golden) died within three weeks. It was a difficult time and looking forward to getting Max made it easier. I was probably not quite as careful as I should have been picking breeders (and I know when you are grieving it's hard). Having said that, I couldn't be happier with Max.

Welcome Liam even though this is a stressful time for you, I'm sure. 4 years ago we had to put our 12 1/2 yr. golden to sleep and visiting golden sites helped me through that time. A year and some months ago we added a cavalier to our family.

Agree with others to be careful in choosing your new addition and don't get the first cute pup until you have done your homework on breeder.

Heather R

Thank you all for your kind words and welcome. Thank you Sins for those links. I am currently making enquiries about the breeder that was recommended to me.

Back