• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Friday 13th come late

jacies

Thought I would share my nightmare morning, sure its Friday 13th still. Had really bad rain and wind last night but it cleared up about 10am so drove the dogs down to the lake. Half way round we were menaced by a very very agressive swan which was on the path out of the water. It was coming towards us and tried to have a go at us. Chaos was in her stroller and as I tried to quickly steer it off the path and away from the swan it tipped over on its side and she fell out. Luckily she was not hurt at all, it is quite lightweight and the wind was quite strong. Eventually we managed to edge past the bird and carried on but when I got back to the car and just as the heavens opened I discovered that my keys were not in the little container on the stroller and must have fallen out.
So we retraced our steps, now getting soaked, and searched the spot for ages but could not find them. Don't know if someone else found them but the undergrowth was thick and I guess they could be anywhere.
We walked back to the park office and asked there but no luck, the guy let me leave the dogs in his office whilst I went back for another look, still no luck. Eventually a friend came and collected us and my car insurance are going to send a truck to rescue my car, store it for the weekend and arrange for new keys to be made next week. Also give me a courtesy car on Monday. Luckily a neighbour keeps a spare house key for me but had not wanted to pay £100 for a duplicate car key and thought I would not need one. Ha Ha, the insurance excess is £100.:p
Am going to try and go back with my son tomorrow with a metal detector just to find the house and other keys, so wish me luck.

Oh what a pain in the butt! That must have been so frustrating - especially in the rain and with your dogs. Good luck finding your keys.

Glad Chaos & everyone ok. Good luck with the metal detector. Will keep fingers crossed for you.:xfngr: Hope you have a much better weekend.

That was DEFINETLY ONE of those days. And when you're having them you know pour raining is never far behind just to make matters worse. Sorry you've got to put out some money on this one (I'm sure it's at the worst time possible. It ALWAYS IS EEERRR) Everyone's safe and sound and that's most important. Quite an experience though right? One you won't forget. Hope you week goes much much better

Oh that's horrible. Swans can be nasty. I used to live in Wales and we had a canal right in front of my house with swans on it. They nested there to so we saw all the babies. Fine when they were in the water but if you fed them, they had a habit of knocking on your front door for food, pretty scary when there were three of them. You can't get past them. My friend has a picture of me running from a load of swans and hiding in the car somewhere near Colchester! There were about 30 of them there.

Oh No! Sounds terrible, you poor thing.

Glad you all survived ok and little Chaos is alright:)

Let us know how it goes with the metal detector.

:updte:

Unfortunately no luck with the metal detector, only found a beer can and some aluminium foil.
However, the nightmare continues. I phoned the garage today to see how long the car was going to be and they said that my insurance company had put the job on hold. I spoke to them and they said that it was because the estimate was more than the car was insured for which was £1500.-. I just can't believe that to make a key for it, plus the transport of it could come to this amount. The chap was talking about repairing the damage to it, and I said "what damage", it was not damaged when I left it and must have been them removing glass to open the door for transport. The insurance are now trying to get the quote down a bit so that they can process it but otherwise the car will be written off.
I have phoned another locksmith and they said to make new key would be £175.-, a bit different. So I have to phone the insurance tomorrow and see what they say.

Back