• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Time to think about Season's Greetings...

Nicki

Towards the end of the month I will be posting a thread for Season's Greetings. This will be open for everyone to post onto, either a simple message, poems, photos etc.

However at this special time of year we would like everyone to think about Irish Cavalier Rescue {run by Karlin, who also owns and manages the forum, and is rescuing approx 50 Cavaliers a year}; and The Syringomyelia Cavalier Collection Scheme run by Margaret Carter - more info here http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=28230&highlight=syringomyelia+collection+scheme

We are therefore asking for donations to one {or both!} of these in exchange for posting on the thread. This would be a very special way to perhaps remember loved ones {human and animal} whom are no longer with us.

For those of a creative persuasion, it would be lovely to brighten up the thread with your photos and graphic designs, so I'm posting this now to give you time to start thinking icon_nwunsure...and to get busy :D

To give you an idea, here is my precious Rupert who sadly passed away just before Christmas last year - much missed, but still able to make us smile - he loved posing for the camera :)

Rupert-Christmas-28Oct2006-188.jpg

and a couple of other examples

Peachescc.jpg

SGChristmasphoto.jpg

Wow, thanks for this, either way cavaliers are benefitting!

Your banners are really beautiful!

That sounds like a great idea Nicki! I am getting a new camera soon so I will get to work on taking a nice Christmas photo of Bailey and Dylan to post :D

Thank you Nicki.

I will have to tell Roger that I need my Christmas present, an idiot proof camera, early so I can try and get a festive group photo.
With nine dogs, superglue may be needed.

I hope that it will not be limited to cavaliers only, the japanese chins will want to make an appearance. Fonzi is not the sort of dog that allows anyone else to take the limelight on special occasions

Thanks for the support everyone cl*p

Karlin and Margaret work so hard for both of these causes, and it would be really good if we could raise lots and lots of money to help them :D

Margaret, definite cause for an early Christmas present - in fact it is essential for you ;) Hmm could be interesting trying to get them all to pose - my superglue trick is out then!!

After a walk maybe when they are a little more likely to sit still? Then have someone help you - waving some treats around.

Oh and the Chins are very welcome!! As are all breeds/species, and any greetings - we are non-discriminatory!!

I'd like to see anyone try to leave her OUT :sl*p: :swear:

She may be the smallest and the youngest, but SHE just thinks she's the Boss :lpy:

These Orientals can be very imperious.

Bridgette is the boss in our household, a little whirling fluff ball of spitting fury if any other dog touches anything she considers hers.

Mind you, even she gives William a wide berth when he is guarding his treat

Another idea - those of you who are good with a needle and thread, how about making something and then either scanning it in or taking a photograph of it...

XStitch081203-23-42-793.jpg

Back