• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bristol: Clare Rusbridge lecture on SM: all invited

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
May be crossposted. Please note you need to book a place!:

Syringomyelia - an update

Talk By Dr Clare Rusbridge

Lecture for vets, nurses, breeders and owners

Sponsored and organised by Downs Referrals http://www.downsvets.co.uk/
8.00PM Thursday 10th December 2009 at The Bristol Golf and Country Club
St. Swithins Park, Blackhorse Hill
Almondsbury Bristol BS10 7TP
Situated just off Junction 17 of the M5 http://www.bristolgolfclub.co.uk/showpage.asp?p=432
Booking is on a first come basis.
To reserve place contact Downs Referrals on 0117 962 2828 downsvetATbtconnect.com

I can't attend this, would really love to. I know this may very well be wishful thinking but none-the-less want to ask, does anyone know if this will be video'd or if a transcript may be made available?

I can't attend this, would really love to. I know this may very well be wishful thinking but none-the-less want to ask, does anyone know if this will be video'd or if a transcript may be made available?

I've booked a place on this as it is only about an hour away from me, so hope to get there providing the weather isn't too dire on the night.

Will try to find out if a version of it will be available online. If not, will try to take notes and post back anyway.

Anyone else thinking of going?

I'm going with a friend, but unfortunately find it impossible to listen & take notes.

Marie-Anne, I will look forward to seeing you there.

oh how I wish I could go to this. Maybe one day she will come to the east coast of the states where I can go see and hear her. If anybody goes and she uses Abbey's video, please let me know. She got my video a few months ago but haven't heard anything since.

Booked a place for me and my friend.
I know Margaret but it would be nice to meet you Marie-Anne.
Hope to see you there.

Booked a place for me and my friend.
I know Margaret but it would be nice to meet you Marie-Anne.
Hope to see you there.

Glad to hear you are going to this Sabby. Actually I think we did meet at KateH's Cavalier Fun Day, but only briefly. Looking forward to seeing you again.cl*p

This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about SM, and to hear the latest developments in the diagnosis and treatment of syringomyelia.

It will be interesting to see how many breeders, and more importantly, how many club health representatives attend. It will, perhaps, be a measure of just how serious cavalier breeders are about health issues.

Although it is an evening talk there are club committee members that live quite close to Bristol, and of course keen cavalier exhibitors are accustomed to travelling in the dark, or staying overnight at friends, or booking into a Travelodge when they are showing their dogs.

Last edited:
I would have loved to have gone to this. Unfortunately, have not been able to leave Chaos for more than a couple of hours, she gets too upset and also have to give her her tabs since she was diagnosed with SM. Hope I will be able to find out details afterwards somehow.

I have just booked my place. We should have a Cavalier Talk forum badge so we can identify each other. Look forward to meeting everyone.

I have just booked my place. We should have a Cavalier Talk forum badge so we can identify each other. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Good idea - just a sticky label with CT + Forum name perhaps? Should keep other people guessing!:mona:

I'll be there and would love to meet all of you. I'm aiming to get to Bristol Golf Club at 7.30 - perhaps even earlier. Feel lucky that I live only half an hour away in Wotton-under Edge.

Carol

That's really good news, Carol. This is going to be a good opportunity to meet up with so many people that we only know from Avatars, Signatures and Posts at the moment:*nana:

This is going to be a long day for us but I am exited as the people who own Ebony’s sister and brother live 30 min from Bristol and have invited us to come and see them. My friend stays in touch with everybody she sells a puppy to. It be so nice to see them again. Can’t wait. We are also going to have a look at the Christmas Market in Bristol. Does anybody know if it is worse while to go? I will get to the Golf Club a bit early to meet everybody from the Forum.

Back