PDA

View Full Version : My Rescue

LoneStar Hoopy
17th November 2009, 12:23 AM
He is nearly 8 yrs old! Called Tramp. He is black & Tan & absolutely gorgeaous. We got him just under 2 weeks ago now. His family no longer want him after their kids started college. I found this very strange.

He was alledgely kept uptodate on vax & heartworm & flea meds, however he hadn't been vax'd since 2006 & was only on heartgard! He is now current on everything.

I am now suspicious because we have since found out that he has an enlarged heart & is also very far on in heart disease. His owners must have known something was wrong with the little guy as he was already coughing & breathless. I am sure he is also deaf but he does have an ear infection so I am hoping that is all the issues he has with his ears. He has been started on heart meds & prescription food to get his weight down a bit, we are also cleaning out his ears with the solution we got at the vets & we have drops for his ears.

We have now decided to adopt him as it will be extremely hard to place in with an adoptive family as not many people want to take on a sick cav.

I just don't understand some people, why not just be upfront with folk??? They have lost an adorable, loving little guy, who has settled in with us perfectly!

I feel better for getting that off my chest.

Wagtails
17th November 2009, 09:13 AM
Well done you - and thank you for sharing your experience with us all on CT. Nothing we like better than to hear about a rescued Cav (especially an older one) finding a good new home with a member of this Board.icon_welcome

I'm sure others involved with rejected dogs can give you endless examples of deceitful original owners, but the main thing is that Tramp has now fallen on his feet with youb*n*n*

Good luck with Tramp's medications and treatment and we look forward to hearing more about him. Any photos? :-)

pippa
17th November 2009, 09:33 AM
Well done and best of luck:)

Tania
17th November 2009, 01:08 PM
Well what a lucky little Cav he is to have you rescue him, hope his health issues get under control. We would love to see some photos, he sounds gorgous!

LoneStar Hoopy
17th November 2009, 05:58 PM
Oh he is very photogenic. I don't know how to post photos though, lol