PDA

View Full Version : Hygienic to kiss your dog lips?

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 10:56 AM
Hygienic or not? What can you catch if he/she licks your lips?! :rolleyes:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/4111317969_72e154e86a.jpg

MARK MARSHALL
17th November 2009, 11:03 AM
What you will get is the odd stomach upset !

But I think the love one gets from a dog - makes it worthwhile !

No doubt Pauline, you did kiss a few frogs before Prince Charming passed bye ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 11:08 AM
:lol: Nope, never met Prince Charming, I just kissed a lot of frogs!

Nicki
17th November 2009, 11:20 AM
Most dogs get into all sorts of disgusting things from time to time, so not something I'd really recommend - especially following Antonia's recent upset tummy ?

We train ours to kiss us on the nose - they do occasionally miss - but feel this is slightly more hygenic...

We kiss them on top of their heads - feel this is the "safest" part!!

Justine
17th November 2009, 11:22 AM
I am allways kissing the boys,i esp.kiss Archie becos he HATES it and growls and moans.I think if they are wormed and havent recently eaten anything dead,no probs.I am allways kissing the dogs in the kennels,esp.the cute ones.

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 11:29 AM
I'll stop any dog in the street and accept kisses :lol: I got a lovely kiss from a Schnauzer a couple of weeks ago, nice soft tongue! Dylan's tongue is a bit rough sometimes.

kimy27
17th November 2009, 11:37 AM
Dylan has always kissed us on the lips but he doesn't lick he just puts his little mouth on yours :lol:

Bailey isn't much of a kisser but when she gets in that mood she likes to lick which I'm not too keen on! LOL

sins
17th November 2009, 11:44 AM
Dogs eat catpoo,snails and assorted decomposing substances...:grnyuk:
:yuk:
Do you want me to continue??:D

Sins
*Nice pic though!

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 11:54 AM
Dylan is really funny when I ask him to give me a kiss for a treat. He so doesn't want to kiss me, he only wants the treat so he bops me on the nose with his chin as if to say, "There, that's your lot, now give me my treat!"

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 11:55 AM
Dylan has always kissed us on the lips but he doesn't lick he just puts his little mouth on yours :lol:

Your boy kisses, he just doesn't French kiss!

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 11:56 AM
We train ours to kiss us on the nose - they do occasionally miss - but feel this is slightly more hygenic...

Yes, that's where most of ours are too. Nice clean nose and ears here.

Kiddo
17th November 2009, 11:59 AM
Oh this thread has me laughing!!

I kiss my babies on their cheeks and the tops of their heads (it's like smelling a baby's head!), but when they decide they want to kiss me, it's usually so fast I can't do a thing to prevent it!

Too funny!!

Dawn

chloe92us
17th November 2009, 12:31 PM
Pauline, obviously you have never smelled Dylan's breath after eating kitty poo. If you had, you would think twice! All grossities aside, I do kiss mine, but the only one who kisses me back is Winston...and he's the one who loves to eat cat poo.

Mindysmom
17th November 2009, 12:37 PM
Rylie french kissed my dog trainer:biggrin: Her own fault for having her face so close to his IMO! I don't know how you would stop a dog like him from kissing. Mindy was like that when she was young. Max is more discriminate with his few kisses.

cavi lover
17th November 2009, 04:25 PM
Not wanting to be a kill joy but please do not let your dogs kiss you on the lips. The reson being that dogs carry a very nasty bug called campylobacter. I spent 5 days in hospital very ill with this.No my dogs were not resposible as i did not have any at the time.
It took me several weeks to recover and I lost nearly 2 stone.I was so ill and I would not wish it on anyone or for folk to run the risk of getting it.
I have 5 dogs and none of them lick faces cos they have been trained not to! yes it can be done even in cavs!

Desrae
17th November 2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, the lip kissing is probably not a good idea, just in case. It's probably ok if they've been wormed, etc. like others said. I read somewhere that it's like getting your face or lips wiped with a slightly dirty washcloth. Before I had a dog I used to get colds all the time and since she's been around, my immune system has actually been the best it's ever been! So the more kisses the better I say!:jmp2:

Desrae
17th November 2009, 04:40 PM
Ohh, and my mom and gramma were wholehearted believers that dogs' saliva had antibacterial qualities to it. When we were kids and we skinned a knee, my mom would say: "Let the dog kiss it better." Haha.

MadPip
17th November 2009, 04:50 PM
Interestingly enough, when it comes to animal bites, human bites are considered dirtier than dog bites.

Justine
17th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Must admit i dont do lip kisses,and i dont let Ella either.

Margaret C
17th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Interestingly enough, when it comes to animal bites, human bites are considered dirtier than dog bites.

So perhaps the dogs are catching nasty things from us?

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 06:00 PM
I heard it's really bad for mum's to suck their babies dummies to "clean" them, you can pass on some nasties.

MARK MARSHALL
17th November 2009, 06:21 PM
When we all lived in 'cold' homes and wrapped up well - we didnt seem to suffer from colds and flu like bugs - as we do today.

I think we are trying to be too clean and fear issues that our bodies ought to be able to deal with. Surely we need a few foreign bodies in us to allow our system to create a defence mechanism.

So a few bugs here and there may not be so bad and I have been licked by dogs for over 40 years.

And am I not completely normal and level headed !

All my puppies are well trained at kissing and their next lesson will be tonight and the style will be Irish Kissing !

Regards Mark.

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 06:23 PM
What's Irish kissing Mark? icon_nwunsure

Margaret C
17th November 2009, 06:25 PM
And am I not completely normal and level headed !

Absolutely.

All my puppies are well trained at kissing and their next lesson will be tonight and the style will be Irish Kissing !

I know I will regret asking this...........But what is Irish Kissing?

*Pauline*
17th November 2009, 06:31 PM
I think it's lips together while your legs do a jig. Sinead Can tell us!

These two are just warming up! b*n*n*:*nana:

jasperpaw
17th November 2009, 07:51 PM
As much as I love my boy I do not let him kiss my lips, he does have a thing about ears though, I kiss him on his head.

sarahso
18th November 2009, 01:48 AM
Thor & Baxter are kissers - must be a boy thing because Freya & Pops rarely give kisses!

i remember my first ever so delicate kiss off Freya, she is rescue and hates you going near her mouth, i cried when she gave me her first kiss!

Mom of Jato
18th November 2009, 02:47 AM
I always kiss my two on their noses. :lotsaluv:

Karen and Ruby
18th November 2009, 09:40 AM
I must say I do agree with Mark on this one.
My mum wasnt what id call the most prtective person- I ate whatever, worms included and she isnt the best cook in the world and im fairly sure I used to get undercooked food quite often!!!
I let Ruby give me kisses but seeing as Charlie has a fasination for eating everything- including poo he doesnt come near my mouth!!! Nose only and thats if he is lucky!!!
Ive never had Flu, food poisening and very very rarely get ill.
I put it down to a "NORMAL" up bringing. Not a clean freak one where you will become allergic to anything. Im not allergic to anything nor do I have athsma or any other problems.
My sister is doing the same sort of thing with her kids and they rarely get ill either although one does have Ezcema.

I think the more germs you are exposed to young the better!!!
I Love my Cavvie kisses!!!

sins
18th November 2009, 11:00 AM
I know I will regret asking this...........But what is Irish Kissing?

Irish Kiss

part of Irish Mist
2 parts Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
1 part Heavy Cream/Ice Cream
Chocolate Syrup
Shake with ice and serve in a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Sinful!
Sins

Tania
18th November 2009, 12:32 PM
Dougall likes to kiss with his tongue, I have spent hours teaching him to kiss without it so he just smacks his lips. The routine in the morning is he gets on the bed for a cuddle and kissing training! My neighbours are amused sometimes when they hear me outside giving him cuddles and telling him "no tongues" :eek: More often than not he can't help himself and the tongue takes over!

*Pauline*
18th November 2009, 12:45 PM
Irish Kiss

part of Irish Mist
Chocolate Syrup
Shake with ice and serve in a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Sinful!
Sins

How many "syns' in that Sinead?

Nicki
18th November 2009, 03:34 PM
Dougall likes to kiss with his tongue, I have spent hours teaching him to kiss without it so he just smacks his lips. The routine in the morning is he gets on the bed for a cuddle and kissing training! My neighbours are amused sometimes when they hear me outside giving him cuddles and telling him "no tongues" :eek: More often than not he can't help himself and the tongue takes over!

ROFLOL :jmp2::jmp2::jmp2:

and my neighbours thought I was daft making funny noises to attract the dogs' attention for photos!!

mckcomplex
20th November 2009, 06:18 PM
I can't help it. I try to have Leo only kiss me on the chin, but as someone before me said, he's just too quick for me!

Margaret C
20th November 2009, 10:13 PM
Irish Kiss

part of Irish Mist
Chocolate Syrup
Sinful!
Sins

:w*w:Now that is the sort of romancing I really appreciate

*Pauline*
20th November 2009, 10:19 PM
:w*w:Now that is the sort of romancing I really appreciate

:lol: