• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hygienic to kiss your dog lips?

*Pauline*

Hygienic or not? What can you catch if he/she licks your lips?! :rolleyes:
4111317969_72e154e86a.jpg

Kissing................

What you will get is the odd stomach upset !

But I think the love one gets from a dog - makes it worthwhile !

No doubt Pauline, you did kiss a few frogs before Prince Charming passed bye ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Most dogs get into all sorts of disgusting things from time to time, so not something I'd really recommend - especially following Antonia's recent upset tummy ?

We train ours to kiss us on the nose - they do occasionally miss - but feel this is slightly more hygenic...

We kiss them on top of their heads - feel this is the "safest" part!!

I am allways kissing the boys,i esp.kiss Archie becos he HATES it and growls and moans.I think if they are wormed and havent recently eaten anything dead,no probs.I am allways kissing the dogs in the kennels,esp.the cute ones.

I'll stop any dog in the street and accept kisses :lol: I got a lovely kiss from a Schnauzer a couple of weeks ago, nice soft tongue! Dylan's tongue is a bit rough sometimes.

Dylan has always kissed us on the lips but he doesn't lick he just puts his little mouth on yours :lol:

Bailey isn't much of a kisser but when she gets in that mood she likes to lick which I'm not too keen on! LOL

Dogs eat catpoo,snails and assorted decomposing substances...:grnyuk:
:yuk:
Do you want me to continue??:D

Sins
*Nice pic though!

Dylan is really funny when I ask him to give me a kiss for a treat. He so doesn't want to kiss me, he only wants the treat so he bops me on the nose with his chin as if to say, "There, that's your lot, now give me my treat!"

Last edited:
Oh this thread has me laughing!!

I kiss my babies on their cheeks and the tops of their heads (it's like smelling a baby's head!), but when they decide they want to kiss me, it's usually so fast I can't do a thing to prevent it!

Too funny!!

Dawn

Pauline, obviously you have never smelled Dylan's breath after eating kitty poo. If you had, you would think twice! All grossities aside, I do kiss mine, but the only one who kisses me back is Winston...and he's the one who loves to eat cat poo.

Rylie french kissed my dog trainer:biggrin: Her own fault for having her face so close to his IMO! I don't know how you would stop a dog like him from kissing. Mindy was like that when she was young. Max is more discriminate with his few kisses.

Not wanting to be a kill joy but please do not let your dogs kiss you on the lips. The reson being that dogs carry a very nasty bug called campylobacter. I spent 5 days in hospital very ill with this.No my dogs were not resposible as i did not have any at the time.
It took me several weeks to recover and I lost nearly 2 stone.I was so ill and I would not wish it on anyone or for folk to run the risk of getting it.
I have 5 dogs and none of them lick faces cos they have been trained not to! yes it can be done even in cavs!

Yeah, the lip kissing is probably not a good idea, just in case. It's probably ok if they've been wormed, etc. like others said. I read somewhere that it's like getting your face or lips wiped with a slightly dirty washcloth. Before I had a dog I used to get colds all the time and since she's been around, my immune system has actually been the best it's ever been! So the more kisses the better I say!:jmp2:

Last edited:
Ohh, and my mom and gramma were wholehearted believers that dogs' saliva had antibacterial qualities to it. When we were kids and we skinned a knee, my mom would say: "Let the dog kiss it better." Haha.

Interestingly enough, when it comes to animal bites, human bites are considered dirtier than dog bites.

Back