PDA

View Full Version : Cassie

Charlifarley
18th November 2009, 06:13 PM
Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that Cassie is settling in well here with me and my other two cavvies. She was very timid at first and is gaining confidence with me, I can see a daily improvement. She is a real cuckoo though - prefers my two dogs' bed to her own, and has figured out the best spots on the couches - somehow, she always manages to get up there before the other two!
Cassie follows me around the house, and into our office in the garden. This has encouraged the other two to do the same, so its a bit like the pied piper here sometimes.:rolleyes:
She adores to go for a walk and behaves very well on the lead.
So far, there haven't been any problems with my two boys, they all tolerate each other. I think my younger ruby - Bosco would love her to play with him, but she isn't interested in his overtures.
She is a really lovely gentle cavalier, and I know she will make a great pet for some lucky family.

Justine
18th November 2009, 07:37 PM
Great news.Well done you and cass.

brid kenny
18th November 2009, 10:16 PM
Because she was an oldie I was keeping an eye on her. I'm glad you got her. Sounds like she's in the perfect home. You are great for taking her on.

Desrae
18th November 2009, 10:18 PM
It's good to hear she's doing a-ok! She's a great little doggy!

Shelli
18th November 2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like she is settling in well :)

Nicki
18th November 2009, 10:44 PM
Congratulations on adopting this lovely oldie, and it's great to hear that she is settling well.

We look forward to the photos icon_whistling

diddy
18th November 2009, 11:54 PM
Seems Cassie has settled well and really made herself at home cl*p

Charlifarley
19th November 2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks for your good wishes for Cassie. Just want to say though, I'm only fostering Cassie for now, hopefully her new home won't take too long to materialise for her. I have only had her a week so far and I know it will be hard to say goodbye when the time comes. :(

Karlin
19th November 2009, 12:52 AM
Charlifarley has been a great foster: I needed to move this dog up to Dublin and she volunteered. I do have an application for a home and will be talking further with them. :)

Wagtails
19th November 2009, 06:58 PM
Good on you, Charleyfarley. :rah:

Good luck with finding Cassie a new permanent home, Karlin and good thoughts to Cassie herself - what a sweetheart :l*v:

LoneStar Hoopy
20th November 2009, 01:34 AM
I just love having rescue's here but my problem is I get so attached, my husband too! One day we are going to be living with a home full of Cav's, I just know it! lol

aquaceri
20th November 2009, 09:38 AM
She is just gorgeous! I hope she finds her forever home :) There is something so special about an older dog! Just wish more people realised it!

Wagtails
20th November 2009, 06:48 PM
Pure paradise!!!! b*n*n*

Desrae
27th November 2009, 09:37 PM
Bump. So how is Cassie these days?

team bella
27th November 2009, 10:44 PM
Well done Charliefarley
I know you won't have her forever, but you're giving her a good start for her new home.:)

Charlifarley
28th November 2009, 01:50 PM
Cassie has really settled in well and has come out of her shell. I can't believe we have the same dog that arrived two weeks ago- very unsure of her new surroundings. Ok, she doesn't like me to go out without her, that still stresses her - and she gives me a great welcome when I come back, but she is happy to let me out of her sight around the house now. She has found her voice, and is very happy to bark at the birds in the back garden. She will play chasing games with Bosco around the garden, and is well able to give him a run for his money! She has no problem pushing her way out the door first, or jumping on the couch first for the best position!
She loves having her tummy rubbed. She gives that lovely doggie smile when you do it.
So - for anyone thinking of giving her a home the good news is that what will appear at first to be a very shy, timid dog has the capability of overcoming that and becoming much more confident and happy very quickly.

Karlin
29th November 2009, 06:05 PM
This is such great news; really shows how time heals. :) I have a few people interested in her -- homechecks will get sorted once I return as I am in the US but back next week. :)

Desrae
29th November 2009, 08:48 PM
Aw, nothin like a little doggy who enjoys her belly rubs, give her a little one for me ;)

That's fabulous news Karlin!

Desrae
21st December 2009, 10:30 PM
It looks like Cassie has found her forever home for Christmas? Hoping we'll get an update on her............ :)

Charlifarley
22nd December 2009, 01:50 PM
Yes, great news for Cassie - she is now a 'Cork Cavvie'! She went to her new home on Sunday which she is sharing with another rescue dog, so I'm sure she is in her element, getting spoiled and receiving lots of love. :p

Karlin
22nd December 2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks sooooooo much Charlifarley for helping to get her to her new home over the weekend. :)

This should be a really nice home for her and hooray, all irish Cavalier Rescue cavaliers are in their new homes for the holidays! :w**h**:

Niamh
16th January 2010, 07:51 PM
Hi All, this is my first post here. But I wanted to let ye know that Cassie has settled extremely well here in Cork. She is loving her walks with her little brother Willow(tibetan Spaniel), and she has staked her claim to the right hand side of the couch in the television room and the left hand side of my bed at night!!!!:D We all love her to bits and look forward to giving ye up dates on her life of luxury :)

Cassies Mom.

Charlifarley
17th January 2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Niamh,
Thats great to hear - a life of luxury is definitely what she deserves. She is such a pet, I'm thrilled that she has found her way to you and your couch, and your bed! :*nana::*nana:
Charli

Claire L
17th January 2010, 04:19 PM
What a lovely happy ending for Cassie :*nana:

Desrae
22nd January 2010, 10:29 PM
Hi Niamh! That's great news. I've been thinking about Cassie and was hoping her new owner would let us know of her progress. You must post some pictures when you get the chance.:D

Niamh
12th February 2010, 04:30 PM
A few snaps of cassie in her new home!
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/cassiebaby10/Image025.jpg?t=1265988487http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/cassiebaby10/Image043.jpg?t=1265988442http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/cassiebaby10/Image041.jpg?t=1265988528
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/cassiebaby10/Image028.jpg?t=1265988371

Karlin
12th February 2010, 10:08 PM
Oh how gorgeous they are! :)

diddy
12th February 2010, 10:19 PM
Oh bless her. Looks like shes made herself right at home there cl*pliving in the lap of luxury

Sabby
12th February 2010, 11:25 PM
She is a little beauty and she looks very comfortable on your sofa.

Charlifarley
13th February 2010, 02:38 PM
Lovely, happy dogs. Give Cassie a hug from me.:hug:
Charli

renate
13th February 2010, 02:57 PM
how wonderful! cassie seems to have found her happy ending, living like counts and barons, as we say in denmark:)

Karlin
14th February 2010, 02:06 AM
living like counts and barons,
:p Like that!

Rj Mac
14th February 2010, 09:19 AM
Brilliant, another happy ending, and they both look great together:thmbsup:

Nicki
14th February 2010, 12:28 PM
Oh isn't that just wonderful, they look to be great friends already.

Thank you for taking in this wee darling in her senior years and giving her the love and home that she needed.

Please keep us posted and keep the photos coming, I love Willow - one day I hope to add a Tibetan to our family :D

meljoy
14th February 2010, 12:44 PM
Just caught up with this now.....
What a fantastic ending:w**h**::w**h**::w**h**::w**h**:

Desrae
15th February 2010, 11:38 PM
OH WOW! Thanks so very much for posting the pictures. Cassie's looking so well. That's great she has settled in with you guys. Give Cassie a hug for me too;)