PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain......

team bella
20th November 2009, 05:26 PM
How a puppy can remove a sweater all be itself. I bought Jessie a lovely Muddy Paws sweater to keep her warm when I take her out and warm overnight in her crate. For three nights I have put it on her, and it fits very snug. It has a front section for her paws to go through and two rear leg straps. Also has a little polo neck. Well on each morning I go to get her out of the crate and she's not wearing it???:confused:
Now its not easy to get on so it can't be that easy for her to get it off, but it obviously is. Last night I didn't bother putting on her. Anyone else had that problem?? It is a lovely red perhaps she doesn't like the colour:)

Kiddo
20th November 2009, 07:17 PM
That's so cute! Maybe you should have named her Houdini instead ;)

Well, if she's taking extra naps in the morning, maybe this will explain it. She's up half the night trying to get that sweater off.

I swear they make life so much better!

~Dawn

jacies
20th November 2009, 07:36 PM
I think she is trying to tell you something.:yuk:

rosiesmum
20th November 2009, 10:03 PM
My dad has a dachshund and he had bought her a jumper, and like you he couldn't understand how she got out of it.

I was visiting and we managed to catch Gemma in action - she lay on the floor on her belly with her front legs stretched out then proceeded to wriggle backwards and eventually the jumper came off!! It was quite a funny sight watching it and it didn't take her too long getting out of it - she had had quite a bit of practice by then :rolleyes:

SamT
21st November 2009, 07:55 PM
Jessie must not like the jumper so probably does what ever it takes to get out of it!!

pippa
21st November 2009, 08:08 PM
Don't think she likes wearing the jumper! :)

WoodHaven
21st November 2009, 08:12 PM
I put my dog in a drying coat-- think form fitting but not tight. I went to take her towel and put it away, when I got back to her she had her back leg sticking out the neck hole. In less than two minutes she had gotten stuck rather badly-- I freaked out and cut it off of her.

Yorkysue
21st November 2009, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't leave a dog with any item of 'doggy' clothing on unattended. I don't even leave collars on mine - just in case they get them caught and then strangle themselves.

OK, it probably won't happen, but I prefer not to have that risk!