• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ouch!

Kate H

A friend passes on Our Dogs to me, so I'm always reading it a week late. In last week's breed notes for French Bulldogs, they reported on a recent health seminar. Simon Swift, the cardiologist, was one of the speakers, focusing on Pulmonic Stenosis, which has recently appeared in French Bulldogs. The title/theme of his talk? 'Why you don't want the French Bulldog to become a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel'!!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Could I just mention Simon Swift has been involved with the MVD Problem afflicting our Cavalier Breed for many years .

It's great that he is bringing to others in the Dog World the mess the Cavaliers are in because of their Heart problem.The Kennel Club has said that it is the Cavaliers' Biggest Killer, and the UK CKCS CLUB ,that MVD is the NO 1 Health Priority in Cavaliers.

As Iv'e said before ,he mentioned at the recent UK CKCS CLUB AGM that 50% of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur at 5 years of age, that this is no better than it was 18 years ago.

Is this a result of a number of Cavalier Breeders are just not abiding by the Breeding Guidelines ,that Cavaliers should not being Bred from before they are 2.5 years of age.

Back