PDA

View Full Version : fly-away fur.....

jld
1st December 2009, 02:22 AM
Yikes....what can I do about Dixie's fly-away fur? Anyone have a recommendation for good products that would help tame her fur? It seems like since we have had the furnace on, her fur is sooo fly-away. She eats a very good diet and takes a fish oil capsule, but still fly-away, fly away...... Thanks for any recommendation. Judy and Dixie

Justine
1st December 2009, 08:45 AM
All i can say,if its that annoying,hoover every day.Not much else you can do.They are very furry...

Charlifarley
1st December 2009, 10:50 AM
Do you mean she is shedding a lot, or do you mean her hair always looks a mess :D
No matter how often I brush my two lads, they're always having a bad hair day!
If its the amount of tumbleweed you are getting, the only suggestion I have is lots of brushing.

jld
1st December 2009, 03:02 PM
What I was trying to say is that her fur is just messy and doesn't lay down. I think I need a good conditioner, or moisturizer, and just wondered if anyone could recommend a product that might help ?

Justine
1st December 2009, 03:18 PM
It is very light hair,not like labs that sits and sticks.

jacies
1st December 2009, 04:00 PM
You could try a human leave-in conditioner or de-tangler, just apply to damp hair and leave. Found this good for Chaos.

Wagtails
2nd December 2009, 06:12 PM
I think I've got the same problem with my Tri, from what you describe. My OH calls it her "bustle" :eek:

Mentioned it to the breeder she came from (as an ex breeding bitch) and he put me on to Doreen Paige Evening Primrose Oil Finishing Spray, which certainly seems to help.

More info on

http://www.doreenpaige.com/products/1.3.105.Evening%20Primrose%20Oil%20Finishing%20Spr ay.html