• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rescue Cavaliers

Kate H

Although I already have my maximum number of Cavaliers, I continue to keep an eye on Many Tears. It seems to me that the numbers of Cavaliers coming from puppy farms is increasing (apparently MT had 27 Cavaliers arriving last November) and also that the age is going down - an 18-month-old like my Aled used to be the rare exception (which is why I grabbed him when he appeared on the MT website!), and the bitches used to be 6 or 7, with horrendous health problems. I read somewhere that puppy farms are ditching Cavaliers in favour of Labradoodles, Cockapoos etc, which can be sold for more money - so more being given to Many Tears - all of whom are eventually rehomed - may in fact be a very good thing for Cavaliers in the long run.

Perhaps with all the publicity about health problems in Cavaliers, the puppy farms are slowly finding them harder to sell - and people think that crossbreeds will be healthier. Long may this shift in perception (but not the health problems, of course!) continue!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I think its the best thing to happen for them, obviously the charitys have to work harder to rehome all those dogs, but eventually hopefully there will be less cavaliers in puppy farms and so less to rehome.

Back