• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Recipes

Charlotte

Hi, have any of you got any easy Christmas recipes that dogs enjoy, i wanted to make Charlie something treat wise, and i havnt seen anything yet, so if you have any recipes then please let me know. :thnx:

I don't know if this is Christmas, but it's just a basic one I make and you can add things to it if you know your baby loves them.

1 cup peanut butter (natural is best, but if you use natural, add in extra flour to absorb the oil)
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/3 cup oats
1 egg
1/4 cup diced dried apricots or peaches
**or**

If you're feeling really generous, and this is a special occasion treat, some crunched up candy canes instead of the apricots or peaches.

Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. This will make a crunchy treat, if your dog's teeth need a softer teeth, take them out after 15-20 minutes.

~~Dawn

Last edited:
Chicken Liver Treats

2 cups wheat flour
3 tbs. Vegetable oil
1 cup wheat germ or cormeal if wheat allergies are a problem
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp. parsley
1 cup cooked chicken liver, chopped

Combine flour and wheat germ. In separate bowl, beat egg with oil, then add broth & parsley, mix well. Add the dry ingredients to bowl a little at a time, stirring well. Fold in chicken livers and mix well. Dough will be firm. Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Roll out 1/2" thick and cut into shapes. Place on greased cookie sheet 1" apart. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes or until firm. Store in refrigerator.

This one's not mine, borrowed it from Bullwrinkle.

~~Dawn

Cheesy Chomps
2 cups wholemeal flour
1 heaped dessert spoon garlic powder
1 tbsp brewers yeast
1 cup grated cheese
1 egg
1 cup water
Mix the flour,garlic and brewers yeast together, then stie in other ingredience. Knead the dough well, then roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. using a pastry cutter or knife cut into biscuit shapes and place on a greased baking tray. bake for 30 min at 150 C/ gas mark 2 or until lightly browned.

Home made dog biscuits
8oz sausage meat
2-3 fl oz stock or water
8oz plain or wholemeal flour
preaheat oven to 180C/ gas mark 4. Mix the sausage meat and flour with the stock to form a stiff dough. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness, cut into squares. Bake for about 30 min.

I don't know if this is Christmas, but it's just a basic one I make and you can add things to it if you know your baby loves them.

1 cup peanut butter (natural is best, but if you use natural, add in extra flour to absorb the oil)
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/3 cup oats
1 egg
1/4 cup diced dried apricots or peaches
**or**

If you're feeling really generous, and this is a special occasion treat, some crunched up candy canes instead of the apricots or peaches.

Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. This will make a crunchy treat, if your dog's teeth need a softer teeth, take them out after 15-20 minutes.

~~Dawn

Could anyone help me with this recipe - I would like to make it as a Christmas gift for my neighbour and her dog but how much does a cup of peanut butter weigh? :confused: The rest I can find conversions for :)

Could anyone help me with this recipe - I would like to make it as a Christmas gift for my neighbour and her dog but how much does a cup of peanut butter weigh? :confused: The rest I can find conversions for :)

Don’t know, but what I would do is take a cup not a mug fill it with peanut butter and there you go.icon_nwunsure

Oh my goodness, I never thought about conversions when I posted this, I'm so sorry.

I guess I'll go google it and see what I can find.

Oops!!

~Dawn

Oh my goodness, I never thought about conversions when I posted this, I'm so sorry.

I guess I'll go google it and see what I can find.

Oops!!

~Dawn

Anyone living in the UK can easily purchase a set of measuring cups from Sainsburys or other major supermarket or cook shop. Mine has 1/2 and 1 cup measures.

Thanks for the recipes ladies. The cheesey one looks good for my crew.

Allinsons Flour bags used to carry recipes in the 1980s. There was one for biscuits using dried seaweed. I made the biscuits for both humans and dogs and both species found them delicious. Somehow the recipe got lost - I wonder if anyone here still has it?

Back