• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My cav doesn't show any excitement when she sees the leash.

Smilla

She's never jumping in the air when I ask her if she wants to go for a walk. Instead she jumps onto the sofa :lol: and suddenly acts VERY tired. Is that typical for a cavalier?

I don't work so I spend all my time together with her. We go for a walk at least twice a day. (The rest of the time we spend indoor or in the garden). One of our walks is in the nature (forest/ beach) without the leash on. And we walk/play and also just sit on a bench and watch/ rest for maybe 1-2 hours. I'm bringing threats and toys with me to provide her with some interesting activities. (Food search, hiding toys, training. And she loves it and thinks I'm very funny - as soon as we're on our way/ out there

But why doesn't she want to go at first?

Also when we get home she's very happy and runs around in the house like mad. WHY?? Is she just ''more of an indoor girl??:sl*p:

How are yur dogs acting?

Half of mine act like yours, and half line up for a walk. :cool: All of them enjoy a walk once out on one.

Half of mine act like yours, and half line up for a walk. :cool: All of them enjoy a walk once out on one.

Thanks. I really hope she'll be more happy about it when she gets older. Maybe not...icon_nwunsure

She has a lot of energy in the house. :) She also walks faster when we're on our way home (just like a lazy horse). :p

Mine does the same :) Especially when the weather is bad or it is too early to wake up for her (usually, about 7.15 or so)....oops! no can do :D . But I am teaching her by offering her the most favourite treats only outdoors, so I hope it works little by little :)

Mine does the same :) Especially when the weather is bad or it is too early to wake up for her (usually, about 7.15 or so)....oops! no can do :D . But I am teaching her by offering her the most favourite treats only outdoors, so I hope it works little by little :)

Yes, I'm trying to do the same. She has so much energy indside the house. I would love if she would bring that energy outside. :):dgwlk:

iIt's definately worst if it's dark ouside or raining ofcourse.

I have one that would rather be anywhere else than outside and the other I can't keep him indoors :)

I have Two couch potatoes ... sometimes we get just outside the gate, they both sit down and refuse to go. They have short bursts of tearing around the house then back to sofa for a cosy rest.

Back