• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For the Love of Ollie

Charlotte

Hi, you may have heard this book before, this book is about a story of a dog called Ollie who has Syringomyelia, as you probably know Syringomyelia is a horrible illness which is very common in Cavaliers then any other breed, i was looking through the January Dog Monthly magazine which i recommend you subscribe too or buy and i saw this story about this women who had a Cavalier called Bonnie which sadly died from Syringomyelia, after the death of her beloved dog she started a campaign to reduce health problems in pedigree dogs. She now has another dog called Rosie. I went onto her site which is www.cavaliercampaign.com and went onto further information & links and at the top thats when i saw the book, for the love of Ollie by Sandy Ross Smith, its about how she copes with her SM dogs and it also has stories from other SM dog owners too. If you live in the UK unfortunatly i dont think you can get it from Waterstones or WHSmith because the book was made in Canada, so you have to pay online or you can print out a form, fill it in and send it off, all sales of the book go to Syringomyelia genome research, i will deffinalty be sending off for this book soon.

Thanks for reading :)

Thanks to both of you for the reminder about this book, which I've been meaning to buy for ages - just needed this boost (and the simplicity of being able to use Paypal now) to get round to it. :)

The website you mention, Charlotte, is Carol Fowler's. She told us about it last August and had some very favourable comments on this thread
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=31487&highlight=carol+fowler

Obviously those good comments are continuing :jmp2:

Thanks to both of you for the reminder about this book, which I've been meaning to buy for ages - just needed this boost (and the simplicity of being able to use Paypal now) to get round to it. :)

The website you mention, Charlotte, is Carol Fowler's. She told us about it last August and had some very favourable comments on this thread
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=31487&highlight=carol+fowler

Obviously those good comments are continuing :jmp2:
Thanks :) Im so glad Charlie dosnt have the awlful illness, it must be devastating to found out that the dog you love and adore has Syringomyelia.

Back