• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Neuter tomorrow

Janice

Hi all,

Reuben goes in for his neutering tomorrow morning, which can't come soon enough for us, as he STINKS!!!

I really dont know how he always cocks his leg but pees straight onto his front leg feathers and sometimes on the chest between the front legs.

Ive never had a male dog do this before, but the pee stinks.

So that's 4 undercarriage washes he has to have each day!

Couple of questions:

1) why does he pee all over himself instead of agains something else or on the floor?

b) how long after the neutering will the smell of the pee reduce?

Thanks

Janice

Leo hasnt been neutered so cant offer any advice but just wanted to say good luck tomorrow......hope all goes well.

Mel

Can't offer any advice either, Dougall has not learnt to cock his leg yet, his owner hasn't shown him how :jmp2: good luck !

Thanks folks, I will just have to hope the smell goes away pretty soon!! :lpy:

Leo hasnt been neutered so cant offer any advice but just wanted to say good luck tomorrow......hope all goes well.

Mel

I hope to see you Thursday night, Mel, but if Reuben is acting up with his Buster collar I may have to stay in!! Looking forward to some trips to the forest though! :wink:

Our two are neutered but at times Sam manages to pee on his back legs. Dont know how he manages it thou!!

Harley was neutered at six months so cant say i noticed any smells either, mind you he has just managed the leg cocking bit at nearly 4 years old, I think they are just like all males and have are useless at aiming. di

Harley was neutered at six months so cant say i noticed any smells either, mind you he has just managed the leg cocking bit at nearly 4 years old, I think they are just like all males and have are useless at aiming. di

:D:D:D:D:D

Pippin still occasionally gets his front leg feathering, but not as much now. He's 3 yrs old and was neutered at 18 months old. His pee still stinks when he does this. But I agree with Di - he's just a man!:biggrin:

I have a 9 YO foster who was not altered when he came to me. He smelled awful b/c he would pee on his legs all the time. He was neutered immediately and within a few days he stopped marking in the house and the pee didn't stink anymore! Yeah! I have a little 1 year old foster now who is marking like mad in the house who will be neutered on Friday and I'm hoping we'll see the same results just as quickly.

Oh good. Well he never marks in the house luckily but if he is on your lap you can smell the hair he has peed on and it makes you turn your nose up!!! :eek:

hopefully once this is sorted its back to regular cuddles again!! :D

Back