• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New board this week

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
The day has finally arrived for the release of the all-new board software. I have lots of plans for the site, which will expand considerably -- many of the plans have been on the back burner for two years or so, waiting for the software that would enable me to begin some of the redesign. The board will remain pretty much as is though there will be new features and possibilities, better integration with blogs and comments, ability to embed videos, and more.

Also the Library material will be moved to a main website.

All this will keep me busy over the next weeks and will of course be an ongoing transformation. Hopefully the board upgrade will go quickly and smoothly and I will signal when I will be doing that. But if you come and find the site is down, it will be because I am working on the transfer.

Very happy cavalier-filled holidays to all from CavalierTalk!

Thanks Karlin,
This site has been a God-send to me. I appreciate all the hard work that you put into it.

Thank you so much for all your hard work with this great board. I find this board and its members to be kind, informative, knowlegeable, funny, talented and very thought provoking. I truly appreciate all the hard work you put in to this great site.

J.

Good luck Karlin!! Thank you so much for all your hard work with the board - we all appreciate your time and genorisity in running the board, it is a big part of many of our lives, such a valuable resource for information, entertainment and sharing about our beloved companions.

I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

No problem...!

Delighted to see the new software has just been released so now the fun begins! :fool:

Ditto to all that has been said....I love this board all the nice people, and wonderful information that is shared. Thank you, Karlin, for tending to it so well. Happy Holidays to you and all the Cavalier Talk members. Judy and Dixie

Happy Christmas Karlin. Thanks for your hard work, this forum is so useful, friendly and informative :p

Thanks Karlin. :flwr:

Last time the board was updated, for some reason I couldn't get onto CT for days unless I came online through a different I.P. address, could that happen again?

If it does, bye for now, I'll be back when I can. Have a nice holiday everyone :)

Many thanks Karlin for a wonderful site. Wishing you and all members a very Merry Christmas and health and happiness for 2010.

Thank you Karlin, this really is a wonderful site, I joined about a year ago now and have learnt so much in my time here, wonderful advice and nice people who seem really genuine to help, you do fantastic work Karlin and with your rescue as well. Wishing you and all cavalier talk members a happy christmas and a healthy and happy 2010.

Really excited about the new features... would people like the facility to be able to vote for threads if they like them? I was thinking that some threads end up being really helpful or interesting for lots of people and there is the facility to vote for threads when you do like them (I mean you don't need to do this for them all -- just if something is really useful or informative for example).

I haven't used this before but thinking I might enable that.

Yes it could take a while to connect to the site again but Pauline your experience would be very odd -- usually the servers update within 48 hours and generally within a couple of hours if not right away.

However that shouldn't really happen this time -- I think it only happened before because the site was being transferred to new servers with my new hosting service. And no nothing that dramatic happening -- this is in effect a 'board update' except that it is a completely new iteration of the software with a whole web package for creating a larger site.

Just NB: I will likely get our new board up and running between now and the end of the weekend... so expect some downtime.

Back