• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Stitch thinks he is a CAT!

aquaceri

Hi,

Maybe this is normal cav behaviour but I have noticed that stictch rubs himself up against everything! presses, doors, legs of tables, the sofa, my legs, visitors legs! Just like a cat does! - he was wearing a lovely christmas jumper so I took it off because I thought it was making him itchy :yikes but he is still at it - I gave him a lovely warm bath the other evening and he is still at it.....:c*t:

The girls think its hillarious they call him pigcat! He snorts like a pig and behaves like a cat lol

all jokes aside though could it mean he has fleas or some other problem??? I really dont think its fleas but then again i wouldnt even know what fleas look like!

I just hope its not a symptom of a more serious condidtion!

Out of my three cavaliers only Rosie does it. Not as bad as you describe it. She does it when she wants attention and a good back rub.

I have two that like to do this and two that don't -- it is hard to know what it means i think as it could be a sign of itchiness or discomfort or it could just be something that feels good... I wouldn't worry too much about it but maybe mention it next time you have a scheduled vet appointment as they could check for any issues.

Cats rub like this because they are marking the object with hormones as part of their territory -- so dogs are clearly not doing this! -- but it could be a learned behaviour that got attention in his previous home, it could be itchiness, it could just feel good...! He may like to rub up against things rather than roll on his back.

Bella does it, not has much as u described, but she often rubs up against furniture & Legs & She is always diving on the ground and rubbing her back on the carpet which she does after she gets clipped. Its funny how cavs have cat-like qualitys, Sometimes bella makes these noises that sound exactly like purring! And she prefers cat toys over dog toys...Funny little things arn't they

Charlie does this to my curtain and the sofas after he has a drink to dry his ears. I am convinced he thinks he is a cat too because he leaps like a cat, he will jump from the footstool to the couch and the other day he sprang from the ground onto the footstool because Sam had something he wanted!

I had this problem with Bailey. It drove me insane! He had skin scrapes done and nothing showed up. I changed his food. I had special shampoo. I had the heating turned down to the lowest setting! I changed our cleaning products...everything. He didn't have anything on him at all. Finally, the vet gave me Viacutan to pump on his food and it stopped. His fur had become a bit lack luster and this helps condition the skin! After the course of Viacutan, he was sorted!

Charlie McFarlie slides across the room on the carpet, rubbing his ears, after he has a bath. It is the funniest thing to watch.

Maverick will do the same too. I think it's pretty funny. He'll run up and down the hallway and then flip on his back and kick himself away from the wall. We also have 3 cats they like his toys....

Back