• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just wondering

Bec

When bella is out in the yard everytime she sees a worm or large bug she dives and rolls on it, She'll keep doing it for ages, until its dead or just not moving...is that something to do with the cavalier breed? or is she just weird? Just curious :wggle:

Hehe, aw she was the runt of the litter and she has always been kinda "Special" :)

My Taffy thinks there is nothing better than a dead and rotting worm to drop and roll in!

I suppose some bugs are edible for Cavaliers :) - but do be careful if they show an interest in eating slugs or snails, or even drinking their slime in an outdoor water bowl, as they can cause lungworm, which can be very nasty.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Every dog I've ever had has wanted to roll on stinky, smelly things.

Ewwww, that didn't come out quite right.

What I mean is, yes---if there's a bug, they will roll in it, almost like they want that scent on them. ?? I can't figure it out either, but I make a fuss every time they do it and it has slowed way down. It's a rare time now that they will dive-bomb the smelly object and roll on it.

Also, they know they're going to get a bath, so that has been a huge help in breaking them of their habit. ;)

~Dawn

In dog world, the stinkier something is, the more it is like perfume to them, so they want to roll in it. Go figure. Sophie is always on a leash, so she won't have a chance to get into rolling.

I saw Oz just rolling and rolling in the same spot in the yard every time he went out (this was last summer). I went out to check and he was rolling over a dead field mouse. Yuck!! At least he didn't eat it. Maybe he was "seasoning" it before he ate it!!

In dog world, the stinkier something is, the more it is like perfume to them, so they want to roll in it. Go figure. Sophie is always on a leash, so she won't have a chance to get into rolling.

Maddie, being a special little girl icon_devil has been known to roll in fox poo when on the lead. She normally waits until we're focussed on Pippin (to stop him pulling, or picking up poo etc.), then you turn round and she's rolling away, whilst making sure she doesn't noticeably pull the lead in case we see what she's up to!:D
She does the dead worm thing as well. You've got to love them, haven't you?:lotsaluv:

Riley loves to roll in dead smushed worms and deer poo if he ever get the chance. He has a distinct liking for the worms though.:confused:

Oh yes, if there is a dead worm on the patio, Daisy will immediately drop and roll on it. She's weird, too!

See - here's where Mika is really weird. Someone dropped a bar of soap in our parking lot. It was driven over and squished. Mika loved rolling in that soap. Then the other day I bought her some new treats - pumpkin cinnamon flavoured. When I first gave her one, she dropped it on the floor and rolled around in it for quite a while before eating it. My odd little girl likes to roll in nice smelling things. She is such a princess!

YAY:jump:!im soo glad bella isn't a complete weirdo seems the smellier the better, cavaliers are such a joy, im completely inlove with the breed, I always get excited when i see one whether it be on the street or on t.v or even in a book/magazine hehe i can't help it :luv:!

Back