PDA

View Full Version : Where does the responsibility lie?

Margaret C
7th January 2010, 05:28 PM
There is an interesting discussion on the Dog World website. The Boston Championship dog show is going ahead tomorrow despite the severe weather warnings.......................

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/01-breaking-boston#comments

MadPip
7th January 2010, 05:40 PM
I would hope that the show commitee checked with all their judges first before making this decision. If the judges are able and willing to travel to the show, then I can understand the organisers wanting the show to go ahead.
As for the entrants/ exhibiters (not sure of the proper term sorry), then it is each individual's responsibility to decide whether it is safe for them to travel or not.

Just my opinion.:)

Marjorie
7th January 2010, 06:39 PM
I would say the responsibilty for your dogs safety begins and ends with you. If I felt that the weather conditions were dangerous I would not put myself or my dogs in jeopardy for any title/ribbon or points.

WoodHaven
7th January 2010, 06:57 PM
We have bad weather (hurricanes, blizzards,tornadoes, torrential downpours) rotating at regular intervals in the USA. IT is up to each breeder or handler to make the decision. Very few of the hundreds of shows each year are ever canceled.

diddy
7th January 2010, 07:20 PM
Not a wise decision in MO. But having said, that I have no idea what obligations the show cttee are under. Severe weather warnings are still in place. So for those who want to go I wish a safe journey :xfngr:.