• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

so excited a new puppy arriving next week

Flynn

Hi haven't been on for a while but we have 4 year old Blenheim called Flynn (he is gorgeous) and next week I am picking up a beautiful tri-colour. I love to research things and am trying to find out about Hilarny or Hilarney cavaliers.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Many thanks

Congratulations on your new family pet.

Your breeders are members of the Cavalier Club, so they will know all about the health testing recommended in the Code of Best Practice

Thank you for that. The mum is a Featherfalls cavalier and the dad a Hilarny. I have to say that she is the most beautiful little tri-colour I have ever seen. I might be a little biased.

Can't wait to pick her up next Wednesday.

I think we are all a little biased about our cavaliers. I have the best ever tricolour at my feet at the moment.
I have not heard of the Featherfalls cavaliers. They may not be Cavalier Club members. I hope they will be able to show you all the recommended health certificates.

I have to say that the breeder seems excellent and the puppy comes with copies of all her health checks and we also get a copy of all her parents health checks so am very happy with all that. She has Miletree, Tameline and Homerbrent among others in her pedigree who I believe are good.

As I said I am so excited about it all. I am sure I will be in for a shock next week with a new puppy in the house. Just hope she gets on with out beautiful Flynn.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Sounds like another really good breeder.
Providing copies of the parents health certificates is what all responsible breeders are doing now.

Flynn may be a little taken aback at first, but most cavaliers love company of other dogs, and are very tolerant of puppies.

Is Flynn neutered?. Managing both dogs and bitches in one household can be very difficult unless one of them has been desexed.

Hi Melissa

Can't wait to see pictures of your new addition.

My Minnie is a Miletree and her Grandfather was Tameline Northern Dancer - you never know they may be related:)

If she is anything like her you will certainly have your hands full but will be greatly rewarded in love and devotion.:)

oh, a tricolour!!!:lotsaluv:

this is the colour combination i'd love most to have.

can't wait to see pictures.....:)

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Have just been out and bought more pink stuff for Evie. I am going to be bankrupt soon lol.

Sandrac Flynn's and Evie's great great grandfather was Tameline Northern Dancer.

Margaret, Flynn is neutered so we should be ok lol.

Melissa

Sorry Renate, I have always wanted a Blenheim and Tri colour so my dream will come true very soon.

Well on the final countdown now. Pick up Evie on Wednesday and I am so excited. Have bought her so many pink things, like toys bowls etc. Today I am going to put the crate up so Flynn gets used to having it up before she arrives.

Any tips on introducing them. I don't want to upset Flynn too much if I can help it. I know they probably won't like each other to start with but would like to make easier for him.

Melissa

There's a whole section of links in the Library section on introducing a new dog. (y)

Congratulations on your soon to arrive Evie!

Let us know how the two adjust to one another.

We have had 2 dogs in the past (not cavaliers) but goldens and a lab and now we have an almost 4 yr. old golden and a 1 1/2 yr. old cavalier.

Fortunately they have always gotten along. I always greet and feed our older dog first and they first met on neutral ground(i.e. the breeders).

Heather R

Off to Plymouth this morning. Everything is ready for the arrival of Evie.

Can't wait to get her home.

If anyone's interested, I've just Googled Featherfalls and there's a lot of stuff about them on their website, plus pictures and videos of their current puppies.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Here is a picture of Evie on her first day at home

picture.php

Back