View Full Version : Channel 5 News wants SM dogs to film.

Margaret C
14th January 2010, 01:21 PM
A Channel 5 reporter has just phoned wanting to know if she could interview me.
I explained that my dogs, although they had SM, were on the whole well maintained, on medication and I could not guarantee that they would demonstrate the the few symptoms they do show when the crew were here filming.

I offered to send her links to some videos, and to also ask on this forum if there was anybody with a SM dog that was not responding well to medication, who would be willing to be filmed this afternoon.

Please help asap with suggested video links & let me know if you have such a cavalier & you want your name put forward.

Margaret C
14th January 2010, 01:38 PM
Channel 5 News has decided to come & interview me, despite my inability to produce a dog with obvious symptoms.

On past experience it does not mean the interview will actually get shown, but keep a look out just in case.

I must go and put on my face & brush the dogs.

14th January 2010, 01:56 PM
good luck Margaret - shame we are so far away, they could have filmed Teddy :(:(

Brian M
14th January 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Margaret

Good Luck ,and I am sure you will give a 1 st Class Interview as always with no nerves whatsoever.:)

14th January 2010, 03:09 PM
Good luck Margaret, will keep an eye out for it :)

14th January 2010, 03:53 PM
Best of Luck today Margaret....Im sure you'll be fabulous as usual:-D

Margaret C
14th January 2010, 04:59 PM
Nice young reporter has just left, all very rushed so I hope I have not made any faux pas.
It will only be a 20 second shot on Channel 5 news at 5 o' clock they say, so don't blink or you will miss us.

Brian M
14th January 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Margaret

I shall phone Dawn now and ask her to record it so I can watch you later in all your educated Glory.:)
Poppy, Daisy, Rosie and Lily send their Thanks. :)

14th January 2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks Margaret, you and your 4 Legged Friends did well.

The Cavaliers have sure made their mark to-day on the TV News programs because of their SM Problem.

They seem to be the only Breed that has caught the attention of News Editors.

14th January 2010, 06:37 PM
Did you watch it all Bet? There was a short interview with A Golden Retriever breeder; also a short clip showing a GSD.

Margaret C
14th January 2010, 06:43 PM
Well, there was a short interview on Chanel 5, and to my surprise I have also just watched myself step out of my back door with a crowd of cavaliers & japanese chins on Sky News

14th January 2010, 06:51 PM
It is only the Cavaliers who are mentioned on the TV News Programs as having Small Heads ,that their Brains are too large for, because this is now the Fashion,

I don't think this will be doing the Cavalier Breed any favours .

14th January 2010, 07:06 PM
Margaret I saw you on sky news!!!! I immediately recognised you, paused sky+ gathered the whole family in front of the tv - I was so excited "This is Margaret Carter" I explained to them (I speak highly of you, your name is a household name) we were so excited... I pressed play expecting an interview... but never mind it was a pleasure to see you and your beautiful chins and cavs running out to the garden :)

14th January 2010, 07:23 PM
I don't have Channel 5, but will certainly try to find you on Sky.

Brian M
14th January 2010, 09:50 PM

Just in from L/Pool and now watching the Rugby on Sky HD2 ,but also recording Sky News so when Poppy, Daisy and Rosie have gone to bed at 11.00 pm I will watch it then ,as earlier on I had no chance as Rosie spotted the first dog on the report then chaos broke out so I had to turn over :confused::(.As I said before the girls control the remote ,totally Cav pecked and outnumbered.:)

14th January 2010, 10:55 PM
Just watched it on sky...did you see the poor little tri-colour? :(

Margaret you and your gang looked great :)

14th January 2010, 11:17 PM
Well done & thank you Margaret for all your input & hard work:) & to everyone who has stepped up to make changes. Im not yet fully on top of all news/reading matter today so can only give thanks at this point & pray that this is going to make a difference...:xfngr: