• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So sad: 81 dogs put to sleep

ourempire

I'm watching the news and just saw some horrific pictures. An old woman had 85 dogs in her home, and 81 one them have now been put to sleep. Yesterday the police and a vet visited her property, and the dogs had been clearly neglected, matted fur, filth and dirt everywhere. They interviewed the vet, and he was clearly affected by it.
So sad. I guess she had no family, and she must have been mentally ill, since she couldn't see how bad things were. I felt really sick and got tears in my eyes. They showed the deceased dogs lying on rows, pictures of the filth and dirt indoors.

It is really sad...I know we have had cases here where people, well meaning but not equiped to look after animals will keep rescuing/collecting them and it ends up in the hoarding of animals. I also feel for the people who have to deal with these cases, as it is traumatic and difficult work.

So sad.

I often wonder about the people, family, friends, neighbours, acquaintances who must know that there are problems.

How do you hide the fact you have 85 dogs? Smell and noise alone would be overwhelming.

I think people must just look the other way in fear of 'getting involved'

Back