PDA

View Full Version : Need a good Working name for Charlie

Karen and Ruby
15th January 2010, 10:56 PM
Hi all

I am trying my best to think of a KC working name for Charlie and need help!!!!

Rubys name is 'She's a Gem' (what else could it be:rolleyes:)

I want to register Charlie on the working register as eventually would love to work him in whatever he does better at!! Obedience or Agility??

Suggestions all welcome- bearing in mind he is cheeky, obstinate, bulshy and most of all a little Sod!! BUT I love him dearly...

So far all I have is.... 'Butter wouldn't melt' and 'Charlie's Fallen Angel'

Many thanks in advance!

jacies
15th January 2010, 11:34 PM
How about Charlie's My Darling, seem to think that was a song, not sure.

Or Charlies No Angel.

Kate H
15th January 2010, 11:43 PM
One of the useful side effects of putting a pedigree dog on the Activity Register is that you can take them to breed shows if you enter them Not For Competition. So I take Aled to the Cavalier Club championship show and get him heart checked by Simon Swift for free - the NFC entry costs about 3. This year's show is just up the road from me, at the new KC building at Stoneleigh, so I don't even have any travel costs - though I shall miss our annual outing to Malvern!

I'm hopeless on names - when I registered Aled last year, I forgot the KC needs at least 2 words and put down just Aled. He came back, courtesy of the KC staff, as Aled the King, which I treat as post-modern irony - he is totally un-kinglike! Though he does try to boss Oliver occasionally. Aled is starting his obedience career at UK Toydog in March, which will probably be a total fiasco!

What about Cheeky Charlie Chester - who if you are too young to have heard of him, was a music hall comedian in the 1950s and 60s?

Best of luck with Charlie, whatever you decide to do with him.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

MadPip
16th January 2010, 11:36 AM
Isn't he registered on the breed register? If he is, then you work him under that name.

However, if he isn't, how about:

What the Dickens Charlie

Charlie's Great Escape (referring to Charles Bronson who was in The Great Escape)

Charlie's Dirty Dozen (Again a reference to Mr Bronson)

Chocoholic Charlie (after Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

Charley Farley (from the two Ronnies Charley Farley and Piggy Malone. I think Charley Farley was played by Ronnie Corbett)

Now I've shown my age :o:D I'll go away again.

Karen and Ruby
16th January 2010, 09:23 PM
No not breed registered at all.

I like Charlies Great Escape AND Charlies no Angel

I think I may go with Charlie's Fallen Angel if I can think of nothing else!!

Its hard for me to think of these things Im hopeless with names!!!

Thanks for the suggestions- kepp em coming if there are any more!!

CavCross
16th January 2010, 09:53 PM
I like Charlies fallen angel :)

I've a charlie too and he is registered as Little Charlemagne which is Little Charles the Great, I thought it was just perfect for him as he is a weeny collie and he is just great :rolleyes:

*Pauline*
17th January 2010, 02:26 AM
I like Charlie's Fallen Angel too. :)

jacies
17th January 2010, 04:57 PM
Had another thought, how about Bonnie Prince Charlie?

MadPip
17th January 2010, 08:16 PM
Or Charlie is My Darling
which I'm sure he is!:)

Murphy
17th January 2010, 08:36 PM
How about 'Chase Me, Charlie'?
Elspeth

keimaka
17th January 2010, 08:37 PM
How about "Charlie Blarney"?