• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weird Cavalier habits

Bec

I would love to here of some of the strange/weird/amusing habits your cavy has/or does!:dogwlk:

our blenheim girl loves been under things - if im under a blanket - she has to be under it, or she will get under the sofa cushion, try to crawl under your jumper etc - she's not atall shy or anything but loves been tucked up under something :huh:

my little tri girl has a habbit of fish watching - she will stand on her back legs for ages watching the fish tank or hang over our pond. her head just follows the fish movements it amuses her for hours!

I am so glad you posted this, as I have been wondering if any other cavalier has this wierd habit. Every time I put on hand cream, face cream, really any kind of lotion, Dixie races over and tries to lick it. I have seen her trying to get into the lotion jar, vaseline jar etc. She is obsessed with lotion.......What in the world ?????? Oh, and she is definitely a paper shredder too. She will lay there and shred it unitl it is in tiny little pieces. I should just give her my mail that I need shredded......

Last edited:
jld - Same here with the hand lotion. Not necessarily charging over to lick it but she does want to lick it.

Haha and I thought Mirra was the only one - she LOVES lotion.. Quite weird dogs we have there :D

Lois loves to steal dirty washing out the washing basket and socks off the maiden. Sally loves to lick lotions but I do stop her as I'm worried about the chemicals in it. They both love sneaking under our duvet if they are allowed in our room in the morning when one of us goes to work. Another thing is paper Lois will shred it in seconds. I remember when she was a puppy the door bell went and when I came back from answering the door Sally's vets notes were shredded on the floor! They sound like well trained dogs don't they LOL!!

Yes, any sort of hand/foot cream seems to act like a magnet, even the menthol foot cream wont put them off :eek:. Maybe when Im bored I should compare the ingredients and see if there is a common denominator somewhere? :)

Yes all three of mine like lotion but only certain ones. Ebony loves the eye cream from Lush, she got expensive taste. She even knows what one it is just by me picking up the bottle. I don’t allow them to lick it. And they all love it when I wear Mascara.

Charlie likes to bark at me when I spray Deodrant- im thinking of changing to a roll on!!!

He also trys to attack ANY item of clothing I attempt to dress myself in, from shoes to scarves to socks and coats!!! I literally have him hanging off me as I attempt to leave the house!
Bless himxx

Max loves to take laundry out of the basket/washer/dryer. I need to train him to transfer from washer to dryer to basket:D He also loves to steal my socks and gloves.

He is also a lotion licker.

Yes all three of mine like lotion but only certain ones. Ebony loves the eye cream from Lush, she got expensive taste. She even knows what one it is just by me picking up the bottle. I don’t allow them to lick it. And they all love it when I wear Mascara.

I wonder if Brian has this problem ?
:jump:

Jesse has a habit of finding every available shoe, picking it them up and carrying them to her bed. She then curls up amongst them all and falls asleep.. odd:D

:D great thread!

Baxter has a very annoying habbit of trying to "dig" into you, usually between your shoulder & neck - until you lift up the duvet for him to sleep on his back. legs in air with his head on your pillow all snug!

It's not so much a habit but Dylan likes to sleep on my clothes while I take a bath. The funny part is, he waits in the hall to see if I'm taking my clothes off to determine if it's bath time for me or him. As soon as I take something off he comes in.

When I give Dottie a Bully stick, she will carry it all around the house, looking for a very special place to hide it. I have seen her carefully and quietly put it underneath magazines in the reading basket, under couch cushions, and under furniture.

I often pretend that I am not paying attention to her as she is searching for the perfect hiding place, but then if she sees me, or Claire, looking at her, she sighs, digs it out of the spot and looks for another place for it to go!

She has been sneaky enough about it that I have not found the darn things for days, then she will just one day come trotting in with one. She always remembers her hiding places! :D

Jato loves body lotion, mascara, and especially lip gloss/chapstick. He always wants to smell me and try to lick it off. Very strange- glad to know he isn't the only one. :rolleyes:

Lol i love all those post's! Wow im so glad so hear that all our cavys have some rather amusing habits!
Yes bella LOVES paper especially tissues! I come home from work and walk into my room and there on my floor are tissues used to remove make-up all over the floor, the cute thing is, is she comes over to me all sooky like shes saying "What mummy? I didn;t do it" And she has bits of tissue hanging out of her mouth! Heheh!

She watches me put my makeup on and if im sitting on my bed doing it she will come over to my face and stick her nose near my eye and sniff for ages!

She also has a habit of tapping my arm with her paw repeatedly until she can come into the blanket.

She loves the washing too, if there is a sock on the ground she will put her head on it, she also will jump onto a full washing basket and lay on top.

And the cutest thing she does is when i get home, she has this tiny little moo cow toy and franticly finds it, puts it in her mouth tail & bum wagging so fast and will follow me around with this little cow toy until i give her a pat :)

Polly's habits

Wow this is funny, my pup does almost all these things! Loves to shred paper, cardboard, etc. If its there, she will shred it. Loves licking me if I have lotion on. And is a total laundry stealer..esp dirty laundry (ick!). She's also a garbage stealer and likes to run off into the bathroom to try to steal something out of the garbage (gross!)

Lucy has a habit of raiding the washing basket, nothing gets destroyed.....just displaced:rolleyes:......And at bed time, she will go to her own basket no probs, but it's as if she watches us out of the corner of her eye's,because as soon as she deems it safe - ie. thinks we'r asleep - she's straight up on our bed, trying to get under the covers:rolleyes:

Wow this is funny, my pup does almost all these things! Loves to shred paper, cardboard, etc. If its there, she will shred it. Loves licking me if I have lotion on. And is a total laundry stealer..esp dirty laundry (ick!). She's also a garbage stealer and likes to run off into the bathroom to try to steal something out of the garbage (gross!)

Yes! Bella also steals things out of the bathroom garbage...the look on my poor brothers face when there she was ripping apart a um USED 'feminine' product :yuk:...oh dear! poor boy has never recovered lol!

Back