• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

does anyone show?

loopylucy

does anyone show and give me advice?

im due to be competing in the Coventry's Ladies adult handling and i want to make sure im perfect, i dont no how i qualified to start with

im due to be competing in the Coventry's Ladies adult handling and i want to make sure im perfect, i dont no how i qualified to start with

Oh dear, you have got problems. You must have entered some sort of showing class?

I have shown cavaliers & japanese chins. When is the competition and what do you need to know?

i use a show lead on him but should it be at the top of his neck or what? also how to stack him?

does anyone have pics or anything?

Hi Lucy(?)

Whereabouts are you in the West Midlands? I'm in Coventry, have shown my Cavalier a bit and although no expert could show you the basics if you could get over to me - though Handling classes seem to be a bit more complicated than ordinary breed classes (the junior handlers seem to have to do some very fancy footwork!). When is Coventry Ladies?

Email me via the forum if you're interested.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Cavaliers are shown on a loose lead - so don't worry about 'stacking'. As for where to position the lead: experiment with your own dog. You want him to be moving freely and comfortably, at an even, pace, but not pulling. He will show you when he is most comfortable.
Find out if the Show is in or out of doors and practise accordingly. If you are happy, he will be. Tension from you will come up the lead to him. Just enjoy. That's the secret.
Elspeth

Hi there - remember me? I'm the one with the handsome tricolour boy and the painted nails. I was there when you qualified and saw the surprise on your face when you won the class.

I thought you did pretty well when I saw you handling, but if you must have an aide de memoire, Mr Li (Alvacier) recommended that I study Junior Handling The White Way, Marina White, which I purchased on the internet. If you do a Google search you will find it.

I had a very hard time trying to follow some of the patterns for the figures.

no i dont remember you lol at the manic mutts show? and i cant get to coventry else i would love to take you up on the offer

Back