PDA

View Full Version : Two pairs of cavaliers, plus some other smallies

Karlin
21st January 2010, 12:26 AM
I have a pair of cavaliers looking for a home, 4 and 6, and another pair coming into rescue; both of which I'd like to keep together. No details yet on the second pair.

I also suspect I will have a young pug and bichon pair looking for a home together if possible, under the auspices of cavalier rescue. More on them, to come as well. Indoor homes for all, of course. I do not think the pug/bichon are fully housetrained and they would not suit young kid families or someone elderly.

Contact me if interested. They will eventually find their way to the website as well and then I will post links.

aquaceri
21st January 2010, 10:12 AM
Karlin,

If you need foster give me a shout...

Claire L
21st January 2010, 10:36 AM
If you need help with transport just holler :)

Shelli
21st January 2010, 11:42 AM
Likewise if you need any assistance down this end of the country just shout :)

Karlin
21st January 2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks all. I am likely to need some fosters if all the dogs come in; there's another possible cavalier needing med care; I am waiting to get some idea of what is going on as there was an accident.

Manda74
27th January 2010, 10:34 PM
Hi i wanted to offer my services for fostering any cav's . i'm in staffordshire, England but am more than willing to help. I have been homechecked for rescuehelpersunited and have a cocker spaniel at home that loves to play. I know i am far away but Just shout if you want to take me up on it.

Charlifarley
28th January 2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Karlin,
I can help if there are any girls coming in.
Charli

allie
28th January 2010, 06:17 PM
Anything I can do to help please shout. Happy to make the trip down.

Karlin
28th January 2010, 06:29 PM
Hi and thanks all. I am happy to say that one pair here is remaining with the owner who was able to make arrangements to hang on to them -- I am really happy for the pair and the owner! The cavalier that had been in an accident also remained with its family after some arrangements were made and support given via the vet. The other pair of cavaliers were homed by the owner -- so thankfully the situation went from being crazy to being a lot more settled.

For UK based people -- I encourage offering to foster for your local rescue group as there are many needing fosters for all types of dogs! :) I cannot foster cavaliers to the UK myself, because of the costs for transport and logistics involved.

TKC
30th January 2010, 10:27 PM
Same here just hollar

Lel44
10th February 2010, 10:07 PM
Hi, our best boy Rusty is now 19 months an we've been lookin out to rescue a friend for him for ages now but with no joy We were told bout this site today so we're so so excited!!! Can't believe that there are any Cavalier's needing rescuing because once u fall in love with ''ur pal'' how could u not think u'd have him for the rest of ur life, people are strange.... looking forward to now finding his forever playmate...

Karlin
11th February 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi! Not sure if you are Irish-based; but none of these dogs actually became available, so I have no dogs via Irish Cavalier Rescue at the moment.

They do come in now and then though!; you can check whether there are available dogs at www.ckcsrescue.com. :) I don't take advance applications as this has been time consuming and unproductive in the past few years - by the time a dog comes up, it can take hours to recontact people, all of whom have generally bought a puppy in the meantime or found another rescue breed or mix. Meanwhile during this slow process of trying to reach people and waiting for them to reply (and many do not reply at all), the poor dogs sit in foster even longer during the waiting process -- so now as with most rescues, I only take applications for specific, available dogs and I list all those on my site (I usually crosspost them here as well, and often post here if seeking a foster home). Other rescues however do also get cavaliers from time to time including Dog's Trust so it is worth checking their sites too. :thmbsup:

Lel44
11th February 2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks so much i will check ur web site regularly.. :-)