• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

poor alfy

loopylucy

my poor little alfy is pooly! had upset belly yesterday and then today he has been really quiet and just wants love.

please send get wells to alfy x

Alfy, Hope that you are feeling a tad better! Hopefully your Mom withheld food for a day and then started you back slowly on a bland diet. When our Abigail had upset tummy , we fed her boiled hamburg and rice. When that didn't help she had a trip to the vet.

Heather R

we offered him food yesterday but he refused, chose 2 have a tiny bit of my scrambled egg, nothing today, he just doesnt want anything.

Sending healing thoughts and get well wishes to little Alfy :hug:

If he doesn't pick up by tomorrow you might think about taking him to see the vet . Is he vomiting or anything? Is he drinking water?

If he is still refusing food by bedtime, I'd make a vet appt in the morning, just to be on the safe side. Hoping Alfie will soon be back to normal very soon.

he is drinking and very waggy lol. no vomiting and has solid stools. he is better today then yesterday, so im going to see how he is tomorrow

he is still not right, his is drinking and we are offering food but he still doesnt want any. he has had a biscuit and my mom has gone to fetch some chicken to try him on, fingers crossed!!

I would get him to a vet if he is refusing food. At the very least, please call your vet for advice on whether he should be brought in. Refusing food can be a sign of a more serious problem and you just want to be sure. (y)

sorry its taken me so long to reply, been working, alfy started eating again friday night and is fine now lol;

Good news about Alfy. Our Freddy does this every now and then. He totally refuses food unless he's hand fed. He does it for about 3 days and then is back to his old self.

My Taffy would do this once in a while (especially in the summer heat)and my breeder said not to worry, that no dog would starve themselves. Sometimes they need to clear themselves and I have read in many books that it is good to have your dog fast a day every once in a while and that if left on their own this would happen naturally. Sometimes they do get a a little something that is off and need to cear it from their system. However, if it persisted for more that a few days and your dog was in obvious discomfort, listless or showing signs of distress then I'd go see the vet right away.

And we can't forget that our dogs are not little machines, they are little emotional beings that get stressed, bored and maybe tired of eating the same old thing everyday. Whenever there is something off one of the first things I ask myself is what has changed in their environment, what could have caused them stress?

Back